Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: VOSA Bus Registration Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/09/2014 20:16)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]There are but not between Walton and Anfield in particular, plus those that go between Bootle strand and hornby road as well.

Stoneycroft, Tuebrook, Breck Road, Rice Lane, County Road, Everton Fc, Wavertree, Penny Lane, HM Prison Liverpool to name a few!
(09/09/2014 20:28)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Stoneycroft, Tuebrook, Breck Road, Rice Lane, County Road, Everton Fc, Wavertree, Penny Lane, HM Prison Liverpool to name a few!

Hm prison, so hornby road, and indeed most of them, one or two you can go another way with your Arriva ticket but the long way of course. EFC I was including in My Walton & Anfield part.
(09/09/2014 20:35)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Hm prison, so hornby road, and indeed most of them, one or two you can go another way with your Arriva ticket but the long way of course. EFC I was including in My Walton & Anfield part.

You can do quite a few connections instead with the weekly or day ticket but generally not when the 168/68A runs with services such as the 162 being ran by Stagecoach, and reduced service to Walton on the 3** corridor not helping along certain parts of the route.
It's not so bad with the 60/61/62 weekdays but evenings and Sundays the service is rapidly reduced, which isn't good for employment.

It's nice that merseytravel have took this into consideration when awarding the contract and haven't just gave it to the operator with the lowest bid (which wasn't actually Arriva) However it is doubtful and questionable that the same thing would happen when the 162 contract ends, but more likely if Green Lane were to run the service.
(09/09/2014 21:54)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]It's nice that merseytravel have took this into consideration when awarding the contract and haven't just gave it to the operator with the lowest bid (which wasn't actually Arriva) However it is doubtful and questionable that the same thing would happen when the 162 contract ends, but more likely if Green Lane were to run the service.

I didn't think transport authorities could do this, I thought they had to go with the cheapest option.
Its a pity neighbouring authorities [who shall remain namelessBlush] don't consider the passenger a little more when awarding contrats.
(09/09/2014 21:54)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]You can do quite a few connections instead with the weekly or day ticket but generally not when the 168/68A runs with services such as the 162 being ran by Stagecoach, and reduced service to Walton on the 3** corridor not helping along certain parts of the route.
It's not so bad with the 60/61/62 weekdays but evenings and Sundays the service is rapidly reduced, which isn't good for employment.

It's nice that merseytravel have took this into consideration when awarding the contract and haven't just gave it to the operator with the lowest bid (which wasn't actually Arriva) However it is doubtful and questionable that the same thing would happen when the 162 contract ends, but more likely if Green Lane were to run the service.

Indeed, this is a bit of common sense from merseytravel for a change.
(09/09/2014 22:31)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I didn't think transport authorities could do this, I thought they had to go with the cheapest option.
Its a pity neighbouring authorities [who shall remain namelessBlush] don't consider the passenger a little more when awarding contrats.

Obviously they must be able to, thing is the 168 has had a couple of other operators that have given the service up for the last few years. At least with Arriva running this service they are more likely to keep it longer.
It doesn't bode too well for the independent sector if merseytravel are looking beyond the cheapest quote for Merseytravel work .

This may only be at the moment on routes which are an effective shadow of a daytime commercial route .

Standalone Merseytravel contracts usually on weekdays will probably be unaffected as the Arriva and Stagecoach will be less likely to have vehicles and drivers available at them times.
(10/09/2014 06:16)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't bode too well for the independent sector if merseytravel are looking beyond the cheapest quote for Merseytravel work .

This may only be at the moment on routes which are an effective shadow of a daytime commercial route .

Standalone Merseytravel contracts usually on weekdays will probably be unaffected as the Arriva and Stagecoach will be less likely to have vehicles and drivers available at them times.

No it doesn't bode well for independent companies if Merseytravel went this way on everything, but I'm sure that they won't. But for this particular route it is probably a good idea.
It's likely that it will only happen with this route and that's mostly down to the fact Arriva placed the bid, and the route follows the general Mon-Sat daytime service unlike most contracts, the only difference is how it serves Broadgreen Hospital.

Loads of people did complain about the fact they couldn't get the most use out of their weekly and day tickets after the route went from being split from arriva/peoplesbus operation to fully peoplesbus, and therefore people used other ways to get to their destination, so passenger numbers dropped slightly.
PC1094200/31 - MAGHULL COACHES LTD, 1-5, CANAL STREET, BOOTLE, L20 8AE
Variation Accepted: Operating between Hartley Quay ( Albert Dock) and Hartley Quay ( Albert Dock) given service number LFC Explorer effective from 15-Oct-2014. To amend Route, Start & Finish Point and Timetable.
Reference URL's