Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: VOSA Bus Registration Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08/09/2016 13:57)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ][quote='St Helens Rider' pid='95958' dateline='1473329215']
We have September's changes implemented and taking effect, now here's October's:

PC0003681/14 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stockport and Wythenshawe Hosp/Manchester Airport given service number 368A/368 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

> This should read To Amend *Route* and Timetable - as inferred by the service number(s) included....and indeed, excluded

PC0003681/103 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Manchester and Altrincham given service number X41 effective from 30-Oct-2016.

PC0003681/301 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Variation Accepted: Operating between Manchester and Sale given service number 143N/143 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

> These two are, as you might have guessed, connected

/quote]

At least one - very interesting - registration missing from this list. Presumably, it will be posted soon

Apparently the 143 is getting extended to Sale
(08/09/2016 13:57)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ][quote='St Helens Rider' pid='95958' dateline='1473329215']
We have September's changes implemented and taking effect, now here's October's:

PC0003681/14 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Variation Accepted: Operating between Stockport and Wythenshawe Hosp/Manchester Airport given service number 368A/368 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

> This should read To Amend *Route* and Timetable - as inferred by the service number(s) included....and indeed, excluded

PC0003681/103 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Cancellation Accepted: Operating between Manchester and Altrincham given service number X41 effective from 30-Oct-2016.

PC0003681/301 - GREATER MANCHESTER BUSES SOUTH LTD T/A STAGECOACH MANCHESTER, HEAD OFFICE, HYDE ROAD, ARDWICK, MANCHESTER, M12 6JS
Variation Accepted: Operating between Manchester and Sale given service number 143N/143 effective from 30-Oct-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.

> These two are, as you might have guessed, connected

/quote]

At least one - very interesting - registration missing from this list. Presumably, it will be posted soon

As a resident on the section of route 41 beyond northenden, the 143 extension concerns me a little. The 41 ran well for a long time under finglands, struggling towards the end mostly due to lack of patronage on wilmslow road, and an unreliable evening service (reduced from 20minute to hourly, and too tightly timed).

Despite putting the 10 minute frequency back to 20 in the daytime (until its return to 10 minutes this week), passenger numbers have been improving since first took over. However i dont see demand for 12 buses an hour beyond northenden.

I can only see a potential bus war abstracting from the other services in the area (109,x5, as well as the 18&19 which frankly are struggling anyway since metrolink arrived).

If stagecoach introduce an evening service or night service, first could have a problem.
(09/09/2016 13:52)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid that's the reality of the current situation, and why the timing suits those supporting The Bus Services Bill so well. After 17 years of concentrating on keeping their core network as punctual as possible, and only competing with out and out cowboys, Stagecoach have decided to start a bus war with First, whilst simultaneously waving a white flag at Metrolink. The X5 should be safe in the short term as it is tendered and serves a more specific target market, but as you say 18 & 19 are already being systematically cut in route and frequency due to abstraction from Metrolink. The 101 has been reduced, and the 369 is withdrawn from 30th October. Not sure what future holds for 104/5/9.

As for evenings/nights, the 143 already runs until the early hours, although I don't recall if the Evening/night journeys are extenfded to Sale.

Its a shame because i think the x5 is reaching the point where if handled correctly, certainly the weekday ops have close to commercial potential. But a load of 143s charging £1 along the northenden-sale section will put paid to this...

I'm not aware of the route the 143 is taking, but if they had the nouse to send it round the Norris Road estate on the way to sale, it would create a direct city centre link in an area where bus patronage is pretty high. It would mean competing with arriva, would probably kill the 18/19, but would leave stagecoach with a new customer base.
(09/09/2016 14:34)djb Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not aware of the route the 143 is taking, but if they had the nouse to send it round the Norris Road estate on the way to sale, it would create a direct city centre link in an area where bus patronage is pretty high. It would mean competing with arriva, would probably kill the 18/19, but would leave stagecoach with a new customer base.

Don't be too surprised if it is similar to the now every 10 minute 41 first service to Sale...
Despite how First's 41 is routed today Manchester-Sale, aren't people forgetting that before Stagecoach and its Magicbus operation came along the 143 was a well established route like GMBuses 50, 53 and 192 routes and even had its own branding at one point from what I remember as 143 used to actually run from Northenden-Manchester, think it was only cut when Magicbus came along and it was decided it wasn't feesable to run it to/from Northenden due to the amount of services running through there as 43 ran frequently to/from Piccadilly to Northernden and still does to this day.
(10/09/2016 05:30)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Despite how First's 41 is routed today Manchester-Sale, aren't people forgetting that before Stagecoach and its Magicbus operation came along the 143 was a well established route like GMBuses 50, 53 and 192 routes and even had its own branding at one point from what I remember as 143 used to actually run from Northenden-Manchester, think it was only cut when Magicbus came along and it was decided it wasn't feesable to run it to/from Northenden due to the amount of services running through there as 43 ran frequently to/from Piccadilly to Northernden and still does to this day.

At some point between Northenden and West Didsbury they also ran to Southern Cemetery (they still do now, just out of service Laugh).
(10/09/2016 12:52)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]At some point between Northenden and West Didsbury they also ran to Southern Cemetery (they still do now, just out of service Laugh).

Its amazing what you sometimes dont know/remember about your local routes!

I don't remember the 143 before the ex-london routemasters arrived in the late 80s, i dont recall it going to Northenden except for the mid 90s around the start of magic ops, and i dont recall it going to southern cemetery either (although i can imagine it might have done in the era when UK North ran the 46 as far as southern cem).
PC1069690/20 - THE SPRINGFIELD BUS & COACH CO LTD T/A SPRINGFIELD BUS & COACH, BELL HOUSE FARM, BELLHOUSE LANE, HIGHER WALTON, WARRINGTON, WA4 6TR
Variation Accepted by SN: Operating between Northwich Bus Station and Altrincham Interchange given service number 289 effective from 06-Sep-2016. To amend Timetable.
PC0002407/37 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Lancaster and Kendal given service number 555 effective from 31-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

PC0002407/57 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Penrith and Windermere given service number 508 effective from 31-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.

PC0002407/73 - STAGECOACH (NORTH WEST) LTD T/A CUMBERLAND MOTOR SERVICES, SECOND FLOOR, BROADACRE HOUSE, 16-20 LOWTHER STREET, CARLISLE, CA3 8DA
Variation Accepted: Operating between Keswick and Buttermere given service number 77/77A/86 effective from 31-Oct-2016. To amend Timetable.
PG0007245/148 - ARRIVA CYMRU LTD T/A ARRIVA BUSES WALES, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Variation Accepted: Operating between Rhyl and Denbigh Lenten Pool given service number 51S/51 effective from 06-Nov-2016. To amend Timetable.
PG0007245/214 - ARRIVA CYMRU LTD T/A ARRIVA BUSES WALES, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Variation Accepted: Operating between Llandudno and Rhyl given service number 12 effective from 06-Nov-2016. To amend Timetable.
PG0007245/257 - ARRIVA CYMRU LTD T/A ARRIVA BUSES WALES, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Variation Accepted: Operating between Rhyl and Chester given service number 11M/11F/11G/11X effective from 06-Nov-2016. To amend Route and Timetable.
PG0007245/261 - ARRIVA CYMRU LTD T/A ARRIVA BUSES WALES, 73 ORMSKIRK ROAD, LIVERPOOL, L9 5AE
Variation Accepted: Operating between Rhyl and Chester given service number 11/11A effective from 06-Nov-2016. To amend Timetable.

I guess Arriva are moving 11 way from Presthaven as holiday season has ended. Idk about the rest.
Reference URL's