Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: VOSA Bus Registration Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
They havd a depot just outside of oldham center
Nobody has noticed that this pretty much means the end of Checkmate of Mossley's frequent daytime operating in regards to the 418...
(12/03/2014 20:55)P528LND Wrote: [ -> ]Nobody has noticed that this pretty much means the end of Checkmate of Mossley's daytime operating have they, in regards to the 418...

They have lost the 418 (or given it up) and have gained the 403??

It looks like they have given up their 220/C20 and 346 journeys to run this new tender.
Oh! Well that certainly is an interesting move then! What about the 404? the 403 and 404 being sister routes...
(12/03/2014 21:09)P528LND Wrote: [ -> ]Oh! Well that certainly is an interesting move then! What about the 404? the 403 and 404 being sister routes...

Yep I believe they have the 404 as well.
I'm presuming this is a 2 bus working as they de-registered 2 buses worth of work.

Out of interest do Checkmate still run the service between Hyde and Marple? And do they still operate the Saddleworth school service?
PC1090231/54 - ROLLING SOLUTIONS LTD T/A D & G BUS, 78 HIGH STREET, UTTOXETER, ST14 7JD
Variation Accepted: Operating between Canute Place, Knutsford and Canute Place, Knutsford given service number 300 effective from 12-May-2014. To amend Timetable.
(12/03/2014 21:43)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Yep I believe they have the 404 as well.
I'm presuming this is a 2 bus working as they de-registered 2 buses worth of work.

Out of interest do Checkmate still run the service between Hyde and Marple? And do they still operate the Saddleworth school service?

Checkmate still run the 303, 304 and 305 services. Their journeys on the 220 will end in April, which will also see an end to the C20 service. The 345 has been cancelled for July 2014.

As for Saddleworth school services, the 828 is now First/JPT. The 826 is still operated by Checkmate but will be taken over by SS Travel from September, as will the afternoon journey on the 829 from Bluecoat to Rochdale.

PC1079924/19 - S S TRAVEL SERVICES LTD, 12 THE OLD TOWN HALL, TOWN HALL SQUARE, GREAT HARWOOD, BLACKBURN, BB6 7DD
Registration Accepted
Starting Point: Grains Bar
Finish Point: Saddlesworth School
Via: Denshaw
Service Number: 826
Service Type: School or Works
Effective Date: 01-SEP-2014
Other Details: School days only, 1 PM journey per day

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Documents/...chools.pdf

(12/03/2014 20:35)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]They already do apparently although the only buses I've seen of theirs is one of them American Bluebird school buses.

I've seen the American Bluebird school bus around Oldham a few times in the past and wondered who it was who operated it.
S&s travel operate the wrecks of buses around oldham, patchwork paint and dents all over, I am scared to see what they use on the 418, good on checkmate for winning a bigger tender....
(13/03/2014 22:53)jimbo Wrote: [ -> ]S&s travel operate the wrecks of buses around oldham, patchwork paint and dents all over, I am scared to see what they use on the 418, good on checkmate for winning a bigger tender....

It will be interesting to see how S&S do on the 418. Despite their lack of livery and vehicles in various colours etc they apparently do ok in Blackburn but I agree them American school buses are hideous.
As far as I can gather S&S don't have anything to do with Blackburn anymore and all of there vehicles are now based just off Ashton Road in Oldham
Reference URL's