Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: VOSA Bus Registration Search
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
These 2 routes will be interlinked with each other. It will run as 15 from Saughall to Chester then the bus will change to 21 and run to Frodsham and vice versa.
(14/08/2014 17:29)Shaun821 Wrote: [ -> ]These 2 routes will be interlinked with each other. It will run as 15 from Saughall to Chester then the bus will change to 21 and run to Frodsham and vice versa.
Foot in the door into Runcorn there.
(14/08/2014 18:40)smithy29919 Wrote: [ -> ]Foot in the door into Runcorn there.

I think it's unlikely that they would choose to extend to Runcorn unfortunately -- and probably even less likely that Halton Council would give funding for it.
Are Arriva no longer running the 21 then?
(14/08/2014 19:49)RSTurbo50 Wrote: [ -> ]Are Arriva no longer running the 21 then?

They are, this is an Evening and Sunday short service contracted by the council, that runs when the arriva service doesn't. It is nothing to do with the Arriva 21 or X30
(14/08/2014 19:08)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]I think it's unlikely that they would choose to extend to Runcorn unfortunately -- and probably even less likely that Halton Council would give funding for it.

I would second that based on the fact they barely fork out for updating bus timetables at bus stops, and will not update the bus shelters still found along Runcorn busway that haven't been updated since 1970. They wouldn't even pay to remove the old shelter that can be found on the disused section of busway at Astmoor that is now a pedestrian route. They're pockets are tighter and faster closing than Albert Arkwright's till.

Very few councils use "no glass window" bus shelters also.
(14/08/2014 19:59)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]I would second that based on the fact they barely fork out for updating bus timetables at bus stops, and will not update the bus shelters still found along Runcorn busway that haven't been updated since 1970. They wouldn't even pay to remove the old shelter that can be found on the disused section of busway at Astmoor that is now a pedestrian route. They're pockets are tighter and faster closing than Albert Arkwright's till.

Very few councils use "no glass window" bus shelters also.

Perhaps it`s time they sold off Halton Transport then, there is little point now in councils owning bus companies
(14/08/2014 20:24)FC Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps it`s time they sold off Halton Transport then, there is little point now in councils owning bus companies

The council only own Halton Transport at an arms length
(14/08/2014 20:33)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]The council only own Halton Transport at an arms length

yes and we all know what that means in reality,propped up out of public funds with direct loans,time that ended
(14/08/2014 21:30)FC Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]yes and we all know what that means in reality,propped up out of public funds with direct loans,time that ended

Not this urban myth again! Angry

The reality is the exact opposite!!

It is illegal for local authorities to subsidise their arms-length bus companies. Indeed, when I worked at Halton BC we were paid a dividend out of Halton Transport's profits - this in effect help keep Council Tax down. It is all in black and white in the Council's accounts that you are welcome to check.
Reference URL's