Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04/01/2014 07:34)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]The Fa Cup 3rd Round can be a saviour to some of the smaller clubs .

Anybody who says that they dont want to play in the FA Cup like one Premier Manager said this past week should hang there head in shame as this Cup Competition is the white knight for the lower league teams if they can get through the first two rounds .

Well, he got his cumuppance, but we just couldn't find the second goal to dispose of a rather soft Sheffield Wednesday side this afternoon.

Replay week Tuesday should be televised and thus generate enough cash to see us through to the end of the seasonLOL
excellent news!
(16/12/2013 18:14)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(16/12/2013 15:43)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]The only thing is, AVB didn't sign the players, so surely director of football Franco Baldini should go as well.

I wonder how much of the £100 million they got for Bale is left for whoever picks up the job at Spurs.

I suspect Defoe will go in the window unless new manager gives him more starts as well.

Well, Defoe has indeed decided to walk - to Toronto FC for £6 million. But not until the end of February.
Was it good for the competition to lose Manchester United so early in the FA Cup.

What it has done is make Moyes job a little bit easier in a way now , knowing he only has three comps left to look at , the Premier League , European Champions League and League Cup.

Premier League really has to be his priority now i think , otherwise he will not be in the Champions League next season , which will give the club a financial millstone if they dont do it .

European Champions League is a nice diversion , but one i think will see him through this particular round coming up but probably fall over at the next stage .

League Cup , now here is a hard one , they should be able to overturn the deficit but they seem to be struggling at old Trafford at the moment , it seems the pressure is getting to everybody there .
(11/01/2014 11:51)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Was it good for the competition to lose Manchester United so early in the FA Cup.

What it has done is make Moyes job a little bit easier in a way now , knowing he only has three comps left to look at , the Premier League , European Champions League and League Cup.

Premier League really has to be his priority now i think , otherwise he will not be in the Champions League next season , which will give the club a financial millstone if they dont do it .

European Champions League is a nice diversion , but one i think will see him through this particular round coming up but probably fall over at the next stage .

League Cup , now here is a hard one , they should be able to overturn the deficit but they seem to be struggling at old Trafford at the moment , it seems the pressure is getting to everybody there .

I agree. The financial rewards of Champions League qualification are massive - even by the Premiership's madhouse economic standards

Looks like there will be more completion for those top 4(?) places than ever this season.
At this rate you the following scenairo where the top has all the money and the rest have no money , is it little wonder that so many clubs go into administration in this country .
Suarez now has 22 prem goals,more than

Villa
Norwich
W.Ham
Cardiff
Sunderland
palace

have scored in total !

Wonder how many he could get this season
(12/01/2014 18:58)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Suarez now has 22 prem goals,more than

Villa
Norwich
W.Ham
Cardiff
Sunderland
palace

have scored in total !

Probably in the region of 35 to 40 goals , depending on whether he doesnt get to see any red cards , being honest this year has shown he can keep his head and do well .

He is showing the doubters up this year.
(12/01/2014 19:36)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]
(12/01/2014 18:58)Penny Return Wrote: [ -> ]Suarez now has 22 prem goals,more than

Villa
Norwich
W.Ham
Cardiff
Sunderland
palace

have scored in total !

Probably in the region of 35 to 40 goals , depending on whether he doesnt get to see any red cards , being honest this year has shown he can keep his head and do well .

He has always been a fantastic talent and now he seems to have got his temprement under control he is a massive assest for LFC. As long as he can stay injury-free that elusive Champions League place looks a possibility
(12/01/2014 20:09)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12/01/2014 19:36)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]

Villa
Norwich
W.Ham
Cardiff
Sunderland
palace

have scored in total !

He has always been a fantastic talent and now he seems to have got his temprement under control he is a massive assest for LFC. As long as he can stay injury-free that elusive Champions League place looks a possibility

And also with Sturridge just starting back after his recent injury , could form a very potent mix .
Reference URL's