Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I heard that Ferguson called 999 to report a missing brain cell as the only one he has left is very lonely!!!

Mal
What about the fan in Nottingham that did actually call 999 to report the referee for sending off Nani, madness!
(06/03/2013 19:10)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]I heard that Ferguson called 999 to report a missing brain cell as the only one he has left is very lonely!!!

Mal

That's poor Mal. Expect much better from a lifelong red such as yourself.

Perhaps after 20 years you've run out of original insults and witty banter to throw at that lot at the other end of the East Lancs Road?
The fact is, Ferguson's conduct was disgraceful in remonstrating with the referee and fourth official, aiming insults towards the ref at full time and then skipping the press conference as he so often does when United lose. He deserves to be lampooned for his behaviour as far as I'm concerned.
(06/03/2013 22:28)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]The fact is, Ferguson's conduct was disgraceful in remonstrating with the referee and fourth official, aiming insults towards the ref at full time and then skipping the press conference as he so often does when United lose. He deserves to be lampooned for his behaviour as far as I'm concerned.

Of course no other manager has every got his hair off at the performance of the match officials, has he?

For a start, I can certainly recall Allardyce, Wenger and Moyes all giving match officials sustained volleys of grief as they left the pitch this season. Probably plenty more.

However, as Ferguson is the games most succesful manager, and he manages Man United means he is judged by different criteria on Merseyside.
(07/03/2013 09:28)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course no other manager has every got his hair off at the performance of the match officials, has he?

No other manager does it with anything like the regularity and predictability as Ferguson. I think you'll find the so-called judgement of Ferguson is alive and well across the country, certainly not just on Merseyside. Few are condoning his behaviour whether they agree with Nani's red card or not.

He might be the most successful manager, but you can't buy class and Ferguson has little.
(07/03/2013 12:18)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07/03/2013 09:28)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]Of course no other manager has every got his hair off at the performance of the match officials, has he?

No other manager does it with anything like the regularity and predictability as Ferguson. I think you'll find the so-called judgement of Ferguson is alive and well across the country, certainly not just on Merseyside. Few are condoning his behaviour whether they agree with Nani's red card or not.

He might be the most successful manager, but you can't buy class and Ferguson has little.

'Class' (whatever that means in this context) versus a twenty year procession of trophies? I know what most supporters would choose, me included for my team. Anyway, expecting an objective assement of an individual's career from supporters of other clubs, and not always the most objective, is a waste of breath.

However, one rarely reads anything significant that is negative (other than Benitez's laughable rant the other other year) from other managers about him. Even Wenger seems to like him these days after their long-running feud was forgotten.

Reading articles and autobiographies of former players of Ferguson's is that their opinion of him also seems to be generally very positive. Even Japp Stam now admits Ferguson was right to unload him, despite being one of the best players in European football at the time.
How is it that every time there is a post against Man U and Ferguson on here you're the first one to defend them? Had this been a Liverpool manager your post would have been different no doubt. Of course you think only Liverpool fans give those poor Manchester United fans a hard time and they never ever retaliate do they?
I suppose rather like expecting objective assessments of Premier League sides from fans of non-league clubs is also a waste of breath.

Given all Ferguson has won over the years, it's hardly surprising the majority of ex-players under him retain their respect. I'd hardly say Wenger is a fan of Ferguson's, regardless of his keeping quiet. I think it has rather a lot more to do with avoiding feuds and the consequent fines than actively liking Ferguson.

Ultimately, Mal's post was just a bit of light-hearted fun and I don't see any issue. Ferguson's actions were brainless and he needs to rein in some of his players (Ferdinand) as well. The latter is fortunate the Turkish referee seemingly has the balls to take the abuse of United's players and fans in that UEFA won't be punishing Ferdinand. Ferguson, however, won't be so lucky for his behaviour and skipping media interviews (again).
(07/03/2013 14:51)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose rather like expecting objective assessments of Premier League sides from fans of non-league clubs is also a waste of breath.

Given all Ferguson has won over the years, it's hardly surprising the majority of ex-players under him retain their respect. I'd hardly say Wenger is a fan of Ferguson's, regardless of his keeping quiet. I think it has rather a lot more to do with avoiding feuds and the consequent fines than actively liking Ferguson.

Ultimately, Mal's post was just a bit of light-hearted fun and I don't see any issue. Ferguson's actions were brainless and he needs to rein in some of his players (Ferdinand) as well. The latter is fortunate the Turkish referee seemingly has the balls to take the abuse of United's players and fans in that UEFA won't be punishing Ferdinand. Ferguson, however, won't be so lucky for his behaviour and skipping media interviews (again).

Yes I have a season ticket for a non-league club - watched them win last night actually in a storming game.

Actually I'm off to see a league fixture on Saturday (are you?), so does this mean am I now permitted to post my views on this thread, or does one have to be a paid-up Sky Sports Armchair Expert to comment on Premiership/League/European football on this thread?
Reference URL's