Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
THE most successful manager in UK football - 38 trophies in 26 seasons.

His retirement even pushed the queen's speech out of the top slot on the tea time news.

I wonder if David Moyes will be quite as successful when the worst kept secret in football is revealed and his appointment is confirmed in the next couple of days
David Moyes confirmed as Manchester United manager from 1 July. What next for Everton then?
(09/05/2013 19:43)sumner Wrote: [ -> ]David Moyes confirmed as Manchester United manager from 1 July. What next for Everton then?

Martinez or Lennon
I genuinely hope for Everton's sake it isn't Martinez. A most overrated manager in my view who is one of the worst out there for making excuses in the event of a defeat. The polar opposite to the likes of Mick McCarthy.

Another name that has been bandied about is Michael Laudrup - certainly wouldn't be a bad choice.
one way or another not a great day for everton, but moyes has to be the right choice for united
It seems Laudrup has put himself out of the running for the EFC job. Come on Everton, you can do a lot better than Martinez!
This decision will be make or break for Everton , Moyes left them a good legacy.
One of my Evertonian mates wants Gus Poyet, he's done very well at Brighton the last few years and I'd expect him to stay and build on that, especially if they win the play offs.
For all fergie won he cannot match Sir Bob winning old "big ears" in 77,78,81,the reds team of

77/78 is the best english side of all time closely followed by the spurs side of 61/62
Think thats the only thing that grates with him is not winning the European Cup more than he did do .

Oh well I think Old Trafford today will give him the ovation that he deserves as a retiring manager , in this day and age its usually sackings that means a manager moves on.
Reference URL's