Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think We need to get the Welsh rightfully Kicked out of English Football and Cricket before i propose radical suggestions Dont Swansea take an English spot in Europe next year if they beat the Banthams? which in my eyes is just wrong. rightfully Bradford should get the Euro spot next year.

i said my suggestions in work and got the reply who the F would want an away day in Scotland so appears im the minority on that one.
Yesterday was not a great day for Rangers , losing in the Scottish FA cup.

losing 3-0 to Dundee United and also having two players sent off as well.
I thought LFC were excellent yesterday, and will be disappointed not to have come away with all three points.

Result will have made Sir Alex chuckle over his Sunday pint though!
Been reading about the widespread match-fixing that has been uncovered going on across Europe in recent years.

Shocking stuff but given that sums involved are eye-watering, hardly suprised that it goes on, and officials and players are tempted/blackmailed into deliberately throwing games etc.

Given that even games down at the Blue Square Premiership are shown live, what do members think can be done to stop it in this country?
Jamie Carragher has announced that he will be leaving liverpool at the end of the season and will retire from the game .

All the best in your future .
(07/02/2013 13:22)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie Carragher has announced that he will be leaving liverpool at the end of the season and will retire from the game .

Suprised he is leaving the game altogether as I had him down as a future coach and/or moving into management.
(07/02/2013 13:38)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07/02/2013 13:22)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Jamie Carragher has announced that he will be leaving liverpool at the end of the season and will retire from the game .

Suprised he is leaving the game altogether as I had him down as a future coach and/or moving into management.

Probably will do in the longer term , he probably just wants some time out from the game first.
He is retiring as a footballer, haven't seen that he's leaving football altogether. I presume he'll take a break with the odd TV appearance maybe and no doubt he'll have some coaching capacity in the future.

Fantastic servant to the club, true legend and he'll be missed. Good luck to whatever he chooses to do in the future.
Another round in Portsmouth's roller coaster ride in search of a savior from liquidation yesterday.

I don't claim to fully understand all the smoke and mirrors involved in this latest twist, but as far as I can work it out yesterday's dramatic announcements could be decisive for the future of the stricken club.

The Football League formally rejected a late offer to buy the club out of administration by an investment banker Keith Harris.

This means that the bid by the Pompey Supporters Trust, which has been working for months to put together its proposal to buy the club, is again the only offer on the table for the administrators to consider.

Good luck!
This is sad state of affairs for Portsmouth, personally I think they are just fighting the inevitable and they probably will go under. This club has been poorly run for a few years now and unfortunately things have now come to a head.
Reference URL's