Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Nobody said anything about everybody hates LFC and that would certainly not go along that line with this one, I cant wait to see their reasons for the punishment though as it should make interesting reading. Not everybody that has commented regarding this matter is necessarily an LFC fan either.
The fact that I'm a Liverpool fan doesn't come into the equation. Dan Roan reporting on TV last night, brought the point up about equality of punishment and said it was one of the questions many people would be asking.

Mal
No one came anywhere near spouting the "everyone hates LFC" myth here, not even remotely close.
(28/09/2012 11:40)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]No one came anywhere near spouting the "everyone hates LFC" myth here, not even remotely close.

Ok, point taken. Judges don't sentence guilty criminals to identical sentences though - therefore, I wonder what persuaded the panel to set Terry's at four games.

I also wonder what the reaction of the game's black players is to this as well.

Finally, interesting piece in today's Daily Mirror ;John Terry Racism Verdict
Perhaps because they accepted he was repeating what was allegedly said to him, not just saying things of his own volition (if that makes sense..)?
(28/09/2012 16:18)mbonwick Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps because they accepted he was repeating what was allegedly said to him, not just saying things of his own volition (if that makes sense..)?

True as that may be, the very fact that he used those words constitutes abusive and / or racist language and / or behaviour and should not be tolerated at all by anyone. Additionally, as he admitted saying that under oath in court would ordinarily be enough evidence for a Guilty verdict for anyone else. HOW it is said does not excuse the language.
He claims to be 'disappointed' by the verdict of the FA. I think he is 'disappointed' because he
knows for a solid fact that he thought his reputation would save him from any punishment. He seems to think he is above the law. Should be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets next time he plays.

Mal
(28/09/2012 21:19)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]
(28/09/2012 16:18)mbonwick Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps because they accepted he was repeating what was allegedly said to him, not just saying things of his own volition (if that makes sense..)?

True as that may be, the very fact that he used those words constitutes abusive and / or racist language and / or behaviour and should not be tolerated at all by anyone. Additionally, as he admitted saying that under oath in court would ordinarily be enough evidence for a Guilty verdict for anyone else. HOW it is said does not excuse the language.
He claims to be 'disappointed' by the verdict of the FA. I think he is 'disappointed' because he
knows for a solid fact that he thought his reputation would save him from any punishment. He seems to think he is above the law. Should be interesting to see what kind of reception he gets next time he plays.

Mal

In my view FA should have forgot the fine (it equates to 10 days wages for Terry) and loaded the ban to a more appropriate length - at least three months/12 games would sound about right to me.
(30/09/2012 15:49)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(28/09/2012 21:19)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]

Mal

In my view FA should have forgot the fine (it equates to 10 days wages for Terry) and loaded the ban to a more appropriate length - at least three months/12 games would sound about right to me.

If thats the case then they got suarez's fine and suspension completely wrong then .
I get the feeling that this is going to rumble on and on until Terry decides to bite the bullet and prove he's an adult, by taking his punishment the way any other player would or appeal. Mind, that being said, we're not talking about an ordinary footballer are we................?

Mal
This season just goes from bad to worse for Liverpool .

We all thought last year was bad enough , Udinese seemed to be up for this match tonight .

16 shots on target 2 goals for Liverpool
5 shots on target 3 goals for Udinese.

Thats so telling about this season .
Reference URL's