Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No, does one have to go to every football game their team plays to comment here? Not all of us can afford inflated prices to watch football. Nothing wrong with people who watch Sky Sports, what is wrong is people who use going to the game as some form of "I'm better than you" card. Being born in Liverpool it is highly likely you will support Liverpool or Everton, that runs in families etc. Before you start going on about non league teams answer me this, would you watch your current team if they were in the Premier League?
(07/03/2013 22:18)CX06 EBK Wrote: [ -> ]No, does one have to go to every football game their team plays to comment here? Not all of us can afford inflated prices to watch football. Nothing wrong with people who watch Sky Sports, what is wrong is people who use going to the game as some form of "I'm better than you" card. Being born in Liverpool it is highly likely you will support Liverpool or Everton, that runs in families etc. Before you start going on about non league teams answer me this, would you watch your current team if they were in the Premier League?

It was implied by a moderator in an earlier post that as a supporter of a non-league team my views counted less than if I was a supporter of a premiership club for some reason.

As to your question - Yes I would - as a football fan I can always dream.

In fact I have watched them play league fixtures against current Premiership clubs - Stoke City, Swansea City, Manchester City, Wigan Athletic, Reading and Fulham - didn't win any of them mind you!
Probably because you are making out that fans from another club shouldn't pass comment on a manager of another team, despite the fact it goes on all the time. Liverpool fans aren't the only ones guilty of this either. I'm sure there are many Liverpool fans who would love to go to every game but can't due to price or just other commitments. I'd like to say Anfield is only so big but you can probably factor in pricing people out into it too.
(07/03/2013 22:31)CX06 EBK Wrote: [ -> ]Probably because you are making out that fans from another club shouldn't pass comment on a manager of another team, despite the fact it goes on all the time. Liverpool fans aren't the only ones guilty of this either. I'm sure there are many Liverpool fans who would love to go to every game but can't due to price or just other commitments. I'd like to say Anfield is only so big but you can probably factor in pricing people out into it too.

I merely put forward a view that is contrary to the tribal anti-Ferguson rants that break out ever so often on the football thread. At least it generates a bit of traffic!

Anyway, off to bed as up early out and about on the Runcorn busway in the morning.
(07/03/2013 22:25)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]It was implied by a moderator in an earlier post that as a supporter of a non-league team my views counted less than if I was a supporter of a premiership club for some reason.

That wasn't the implication at all, not in a month of Sundays. You have repeatedly said on here that supporters on Merseyside are unable to give a balanced view on Manchester United and other elite clubs. My point is that your "mega £££" digs and suggestions that Premier League club fans who don't go to watch every game don't have as valid an opinion rather implies you don't have an objective view of the Premier League and its clubs either.

I worked at Anfield for more than three years (2008 - 2011) during seasons varying from superb to horrific and regularly attended (and paid for) games I wasn't working at. Nowadays cost plays a part, along with the fact I have better things to spend my money on. There are hundreds of thousands of football fans across the country who don't regularly attend games and many would tell you that being an "armchair Sky Sports" fan gives you a much, much better view of what is going on.
(07/03/2013 23:00)507009 Wrote: [ -> ]
(07/03/2013 22:25)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]It was implied by a moderator in an earlier post that as a supporter of a non-league team my views counted less than if I was a supporter of a premiership club for some reason.

That wasn't the implication at all, not in a month of Sundays. You have repeatedly said on here that supporters on Merseyside are unable to give a balanced view on Manchester United and other elite clubs. My point is that your "mega £££" digs and suggestions that Premier League club fans who don't go to watch every game don't have as valid an opinion rather implies you don't have an objective view of the Premier League and its clubs either.

I worked at Anfield for more than three years (2008 - 2011) during seasons varying from superb to horrific and regularly attended (and paid for) games I wasn't working at. Nowadays cost plays a part, along with the fact I have better things to spend my money on. There are hundreds of thousands of football fans across the country who don't regularly attend games and many would tell you that being an "armchair Sky Sports" fan gives you a much, much better view of what is going on.

Well we will have to differ then.

Off to see Tranmere with a couple of mates who support them tomorrow. Having a great season but stumbled a bit in recent weeks. Hope they can put it right against Oldham
.???

Explain?
Congratulations to Chester FC who today became Champions of Conference North and earned promotion to the Conference next season. Beer
Four years ago, the old Chester Football Club went out of business and the new club started. They have been going for 4 seasons now and have been champions every season! Well done, Chester!! Keep up the good work and I hope you do well in the higher league next season!

Mal
(06/04/2013 17:08)Mal Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations to Chester FC who today became Champions of Conference North and earned promotion to the Conference next season. Beer
Four years ago, the old Chester Football Club went out of business and the new club started. They have been going for 4 seasons now and have been champions every season! Well done, Chester!! Keep up the good work and I hope you do well in the higher league next season!

Mal

Yes, great achievement. Look forward to another Cheshire derby next season.
saturdays game against bristal city will be a massive game coz if brighton and leicester lose we are in playoffs Smile
Reference URL's