Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03/05/2013 20:49)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]With relegated Aldershot going into administration after their relegation from league 2, speculation is rife about whether the club will survive and if so, which league they will be playing in next season.

If they survive its highly likely they will have a points deduction in the league they go into , which probably means they will not gain automatic promotion and probably more financial misery .
Sadly tonight the fan who had a heart attack in the match that caused the abandonment of the kilmarnock v hibernian match has sadly died .
I have been looking at the table for the 2011/2 season and compare it to the 2012/3 season .

Liverpool are presently 3 points better off than last year and we havent reached the end of the season yet , they are also one place higher up the league .

Everton are presently 4 points better off than last year , they also are also are one place higher in the table .

At the present time Manchester City are 17 points short of the total they was at the end of the 2011/2 season , what a big difference .
(05/05/2013 22:01)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]I have been looking at the table for the 2011/2 season and compare it to the 2012/3 season .

Liverpool are presently 3 points better off than last year and we havent reached the end of the season yet , they are also one place higher up the league .

Everton are presently 4 points better off than last year , they also are also are one place higher in the table .

At the present time Manchester City are 17 points short of the total they was at the end of the 2011/2 season , what a big difference .

So we're three points better off than last year, and a place up so far. Whoppeeee!

The sad fact is Liverpool aren't good enough. We have 2/3 world-class players, coupled with some seasoned Premiership shirts, ably undermined by too much dead-wood. The manager has "rabbit-in-the-headlights" syndrome, but seems to think the club is all about him.

Can't see much change next season. The owners aren't really that arsed about what goes on here. On the odd occasion that Werner and Henry actually come to Liverpool, they give the impression that they'd rather be elsewhere, as if my club is an inconvienience to them.
Rodgers has had an annoying trait all season of getting carried away when we string a couple of good results together. He talks the team or individual players up calling them 'world class' or 'best in the world' and invariably we then go on a miserable run and lose the very next game. It has happened a few times this year and ultimately has cost us valuable points.

The sad reality is that we've hardly progressed at all this season despite what the press would want you to believe. Some of our performances in dropping points, e.g. against Reading and Southampton recently, have been utterly abysmal and unforgivable for a side which has spent as much money as we have.

I'm afraid it just hasn't worked with Rodgers. People waffle on about progression and managers needing time, but there's a full season gone and we're nowhere. The Premiership has nosedived in terms of its quality and strength in recent seasons and it is now well behind Spain and Germany (and maybe even Italy) in those stakes. Liverpool though are still floundering in the table.

I was one of his detractors the first time round, but I honestly think we could do a lot worse than to give Rafa another try. His passion for the club has been obvious since his sacking and he'd surely jump at the chance to give it another go. We faded under his reign but there is always the possibility we can have the heady days of 2005 to 2007 again.
going to be a season in chapionship next year with bolton staying down by goal difference! i think this time we will come up as the damage this season was already done by coyle! freedman seems to know what he is doing bringing in good players like medo and good loans as well, all we need to do is get rid of butterfingers bogdan.
A problem with the Championship is that if you stay down too long the amount of teams coming out of the premiership with there parachute payments make it real hard , the parachute payments seem to make it easier for those clubs to entice the better championship standard players to there teams with that extra enticement of money.
(08/05/2013 11:05)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]A problem with the Championship is that if you stay down too long the amount of teams coming out of the premiership with there parachute payments make it real hard , the parachute payments seem to make it easier for those clubs to entice the better championship standard players to there teams with that extra enticement of money.

Fair points.

I'd suggest that around 50% of Championship clubs have the set-up to make a serious bid for the Premiership. However, very few of these can hope to last more than a couple of seasons if they do get up and relegation can accelerate financial meltdown - Leeds United, Birmingham City and Portsmouth are examples.
Portsmouth is proof what goes up must come down with an almighty clatter.

On another matter now that we know Sir Alex Ferguson has finally decided to hang up his managerial coat and move to an ambassadorial role at the club , who do you think will be the next manager at Old Trafford , whoever it will be will have a hard job to follow.
Surprised there's hardly been a mention of today's big news! We all have a laugh and joke and we all hate him but the reality is Sir Alex Ferguson is one of the best football managers of all time and it will be very odd next season and in the future without him in the dug out.

Moyes seems to be the favourite although most United fans seem to want Mourinho, if I was a United fan I'd say no to the Special One simply because he doesn't stick around in a job long enough and Moyes would be interesting with money to spend to see what he can do. However if I was United I'd want Klopp, he's young and has done a fantastic job at Dortmund over the last 5 years with a young squad and looks to be a future big name.

Some Liverpool fans seem to be celebrating the retirement and are now expecting the decline of United, these people are deluded! Sir Alex has made sure he has left great foundations for the future with a good mix of young and experienced players who have just won the league, they'll be up there competing for the next few years at least no matter who takes over, it's when the squad starts to change and players start coming and going which is when the new manager will be tested.
Reference URL's