Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/05/2021 20:04)BenWilks88 Wrote: [ -> ]2664 might be for work, not been out for 12 days in service.

Bus Times isn't a reliable source. Plenty of buses have been out in service despite not tracking for some time
(25/05/2021 19:15)clarkethomas94 Wrote: [ -> ]2664 is back in Chester today. Not sure what it's back for. Hopefully not back for good. Also 4639 is back on the road after having a while off the road for repairs.

If it's for service, I'm not looking forward to that Airbrake again.
(27/05/2021 14:50)FJ03 VVM Wrote: [ -> ]If it's for service, I'm not looking forward to that Airbrake again.

I'm hoping it's not too. Worst one we had.
Does anyone know what the changes are to the 4 and 10s from the 20th June? 4 says about Sunday timetable changes (is this just making the 4S half hourly like it used to be). 10 however says route, timetable and stopping point changes. No further details though. Any information would be appreciated.
Does anyone know whats going on with 2555 (DK55FYW)?
(04/06/2021 16:29)chesterbuses21256 Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know whats going on with 2555 (DK55FYW)?

I don't know what the fault is with it but it isn't getting sorted, might not happen but it's got like probably 9% chance of not being used again.
(04/06/2021 14:42)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know what the changes are to the 4 and 10s from the 20th June? 4 says about Sunday timetable changes (is this just making the 4S half hourly like it used to be). 10 however says route, timetable and stopping point changes. No further details though. Any information would be appreciated.

4S on a Sunday just increasing frequency to every 30. 10's at the moment on a Sunday and evening, at present the route is different. Now the route will be the same every day all day. So it will be normal route as is now Monday to Saturday but missing out New union street and York road all together. At end of Pen-Y-Llan/Bryn Rd, turn left then left up to morrisons and vice versa. That will be every day all day. I also think the 10s are being increased in frequency too on a Sunday. Hope that's clear enough for everyone.

As for 2555 anyone's guess. Not sure the fault with it. 2521 that was jacked up went back to Rhyl the other week. Broke down in Hawarden on it's way back to Rhyl though. And LT63UKE has gone. 4639 was back on the road, lasted a few days now back off the road again with another fault. Of note on the pits is Solo SR 703 from Winsford. That's been on the pits for months. 2664 that was reported back here, is no longer here either so unsure what it was doing back. Also Click bus has departed for I believe Shrewsbury.
(04/06/2021 18:56)clarkethomas94 Wrote: [ -> ]4S on a Sunday just increasing frequency to every 30. 10's at the moment on a Sunday and evening, at present the route is different. Now the route will be the same every day all day. So it will be normal route as is now Monday to Saturday but missing out New union street and York road all together. At end of Pen-Y-Llan/Bryn Rd, turn left then left up to morrisons and vice versa. That will be every day all day. I also think the 10s are being increased in frequency too on a Sunday. Hope that's clear enough for everyone.
Thank you for that. Much appreciated mate.

4S makes sense. Bit surprised it wasn't done earlier. Certainly now though, I don't understand why they don't do the 4 hourly on a Sunday and 4S hourly (combined half hourly) since it means Broughton gets a better Sunday service than weekday service which is a strange one. Would also give Park Ave in Bryn-Y-Baal a bus on a Sunday rather than via Mercia Ave which again, has a better Sunday service than weekdays. I know it's a legacy thing but they should probably look to amend it now the networks have changed.

Interesting change on the 10. I take it York Road isn't really worth it? They used to run all buses that way then pulled them back at school times and now at all times. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the area to be left without a bus and then putting the 10s on the main road which can be quite congested at times. It's good that they are going to simplify the route though. 3 route variations all under single route number must be confusing for people who live in Connahs Quay.
(04/06/2021 20:53)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for that. Much appreciated mate.

4S makes sense. Bit surprised it wasn't done earlier. Certainly now though, I don't understand why they don't do the 4 hourly on a Sunday and 4S hourly (combined half hourly) since it means Broughton gets a better Sunday service than weekday service which is a strange one. Would also give Park Ave in Bryn-Y-Baal a bus on a Sunday rather than via Mercia Ave which again, has a better Sunday service than weekdays. I know it's a legacy thing but they should probably look to amend it now the networks have changed.

Interesting change on the 10. I take it York Road isn't really worth it? They used to run all buses that way then pulled them back at school times and now at all times. Bit of a kick in the teeth for the area to be left without a bus and then putting the 10s on the main road which can be quite congested at times. It's good that they are going to simplify the route though. 3 route variations all under single route number must be confusing for people who live in Connahs Quay.

York road is a pain in the backside for stupidly parked cars and the company have had enough of losing trips because of it.
(05/06/2021 09:32)clarkethomas94 Wrote: [ -> ]York road is a pain in the backside for stupidly parked cars and the company have had enough of losing trips because of it.

Yeah honestly it's annoying, complaints from the residents came with them saying they don't want bigger buses driving down 'their' road, if people in York Road really cba to move their cars out the way for buses to go through then yeah, stupid isn't it.
Reference URL's