Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The New Timetable for the X4 has been published on the Arriva Website online

Buses will operate from Chester Bus Station to the Station, then up Liverpool Road and direct to Cheshire Oaks, before continuing onwards to Ellesmere Port Bus Station

Buses will operate a half hourly timetable with morning and evening positioning journeys between Ellesmere Port and Chester, Last bus to Chester 19:15 from Ellesmere Port

From the timetable buses will have 20-25 minutes layover at Ellesmere Port & 20 Minute layover at Mold

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable...028-181230
(02/10/2018 15:36)Nwales Bus Wrote: [ -> ]From the timetable buses will have 20-25 minutes layover at Ellesmere Port & 20 Minute layover at Mold

https://www.arrivabus.co.uk/GetTimetable...028-181230

Looks to me like the X4 will continue to interwork with the 4, swapping over at Mold (otherwise there would be absolutely huge layovers on the 4 as well).
Routing the X4 past Chester station is directly competing with Stagecoach's X8 on the Chester - Cheshire Oaks corridor. Judging by the number of customers boarding at the station, I'd say Arriva have done their homework.

Equally, some of the early runs between E'port & Chester have the potential to do well, as again, the existing Stagecoach services seem to load well early on weekdays, (less so on Saturday's).
(03/10/2018 10:14)Turbostar19 Wrote: [ -> ]Routing the X4 past Chester station is directly competing with Stagecoach's X8 on the Chester - Cheshire Oaks corridor. Judging by the number of customers boarding at the station, I'd say Arriva have done their homework.

Equally, some of the early runs between E'port & Chester have the potential to do well, as again, the existing Stagecoach services seem to load well early on weekdays, (less so on Saturday's).

I bet the vast majority of those users have Stagecoach tickets so cant see very many using Arriva
(03/10/2018 10:14)Turbostar19 Wrote: [ -> ]Routing the X4 past Chester station is directly competing with Stagecoach's X8 on the Chester - Cheshire Oaks corridor. Judging by the number of customers boarding at the station, I'd say Arriva have done their homework.

Most passengers who board here are visiting the zoo over Cheshire Oaks outlet though.

Now, I would fully agree with you. However, they have timed up the X4 just behind the X8 so any potential passengers will already be picked up. Only the few people who missed the bus will actually see the X4. They have certainly looked and see there is a good opportunity but the timings mean the route won't work as well as it could.

The early services may do really well. My confusion is why there is an earlier start on a Saturday than a weekday.

The whole thought process behind it is really good. I think Arriva will get quite a few people off the 5 (old SP) but the timings have let them down massively. I would have thought that if they wanted to capitalise on this extension, they would have ensured all the times worked.

(03/10/2018 10:49)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I bet the vast majority of those users have Stagecoach tickets so cant see very many using Arriva
A lot of tourists board at the train station and purchase tickets. The biggest thing is getting the passengers from Chester (as then you are almost garunteed the return customer on the way back). Depending on how the drivers are feeling on that day, they could make a lot off Cheshire Oaks from confused tourists (A good driver would just say wait for a Stagecoach bus, a bad driver would say their ticket isn't valid and tell them they need to purchase another ticket).

(03/10/2018 11:07)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Most passengers who board here are visiting the zoo over Cheshire Oaks outlet though.
It depends what time of year. During the summer holidays a lot of people go to the zoo but around this time of year and especially until around January most people are going to Cheshire Oaks. I think the best way to work would be to have both on the route so then all year round it should be busy but then you are jeopardising the reliability with the Zoo and Cheshire Oaks both being major traffic hotspots at times.
Arriva 2662 and stagecoach 26062 have been involved in a collision in chester resulting with 2662 suffering from end damage
(03/10/2018 18:42)chester285 Wrote: [ -> ]Arriva 2662 and stagecoach 26062 have been involved in a collision in chester resulting with 2662 suffering from end damage

How bad is it?
Looking at the photo it doesn't look too bad, but can't completely see the impact point.
(03/10/2018 19:59)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the photo it doesn't look too bad, but can't completely see the impact point.

From reports on Facebook 2662 suffered a cracked windscreen whilst 26062 came off pretty much unscathed
Reference URL's