Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(24/08/2018 02:38)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Hallelujah finally serving the Oaks and Ellesmere Port again!
Stagecoach 1/2s always late by the Port to Chester so hopefully Arriva can tap into that market.

I expect that the X4 extension will befall the same fate as Stagecoach services that go via Cheshire Oaks & also end up being late. Much of the reasons for delays are outside of the control of any bus company, and with McArthur Glen plonking yet more shops on the site, it's something that's likely to get worse, not better.
I think this X4 will be very short lived but i do wonder if this is a response to the Stagecoach X5 to Widnes, not direct competition i know but it can be looked at as you invade my patch so i will invade yours.
(24/08/2018 08:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I think this X4 will be very short lived but i do wonder if this is a response to the Stagecoach X5 to Widnes, not direct competition i know but it can be looked at as you invade my patch so i will invade yours.

That sort of thing only results in more incursions in the longer term
(24/08/2018 08:45)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]That sort of thing only results in more incursions in the longer term

I agree but i can see this sort of thing happening
(24/08/2018 08:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I think this X4 will be very short lived but i do wonder if this is a response to the Stagecoach X5 to Widnes, not direct competition i know but it can be looked at as you invade my patch so i will invade yours.
I thought that but when you think of it, why would Arriva Wales use their budget when Stagecoach in Widnes is affecting the North West area? It has nothing to do with Arriva Wales.
Yes but Cheshire Oaks is a big money maker for Stagecoach and Chester is the nearest Depot to it plus extending the X4 would require less buses/drivers than a new route
(24/08/2018 16:45)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I thought that but when you think of it, why would Arriva Wales use their budget when Stagecoach in Widnes is affecting the North West area? It has nothing to do with Arriva Wales.

Because the bus alliance stops them competing in Merseyside so the only other way to chip away at Stagecoach is Chester/Wales/Ellesmere Port as they arent in Halton.
North west and Wales are linked the same as Stagecoach Merseyside/Chester all linked so they might start even more services in and around Cheshire again to get back at them, give them a kind of warning shot, if Stagecoach were to get more into Wales or set any other new services up.
(24/08/2018 16:54)mr t Wrote: [ -> ]Because the bus alliance stops them competing in Merseyside so the only other way to chip away at Stagecoach is Chester/Wales/Ellesmere Port as they arent in Halton.
North west and Wales are linked the same as Stagecoach Merseyside/Chester all linked so they might start even more services in and around Cheshire again to get back at them, give them a kind of warning shot, if Stagecoach were to get more into Wales or set any other new services up.

I agree I definitely can see in the near future stagecoach registering an X11 Chester to Rhyl and an X1 Chester to Wrexham

However I also think arriva will start chipping in on Chester services
(24/08/2018 16:52)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]extending the X4 would require less buses/drivers than a new route

On that point, I think they will try and do it with just 2 extra buses, taking around 30 minutes each way between Chester and Ellesmere Port, but we'll see.
(24/08/2018 16:52)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Yes but Cheshire Oaks is a big money maker for Stagecoach and Chester is the nearest Depot to it plus extending the X4 would require less buses/drivers than a new route

(24/08/2018 17:06)Conbus Wrote: [ -> ]I agree I definitely can see in the near future stagecoach registering an X11 Chester to Rhyl and an X1 Chester to Wrexham

However I also think arriva will start chipping in on Chester services
Not enough people travel that long distance. The 11 is only around because it is lots of little trips combined. Very, very few people use the end to end journey.

Chester - Wrexham though.... It has been mentioned. They do have the 5 going through. Could this X4 also be because of the C56 going upto every 90 mins and extending to Wrexham General station? Stagecoach invading into the Arriva Wales area and they want Stagecoach to not expand too much. The Widnes thing makes no sense as it doesn't affect the Wales area.

Arriva have no change jumping on Chester services. They are all passes. Everywhere where Arriva currently don't run in Chester, is passes. They would be wasting their time going anything else.

(24/08/2018 19:05)Valandil Wrote: [ -> ]On that point, I think they will try and do it with just 2 extra buses, taking around 30 minutes each way between Chester and Ellesmere Port, but we'll see.

Where do you work that out? It takes 35 minutes between Chester and Eport (going via COaks). Thats 3 buses extra.

The best thing Arriva could do is send the X4 round Stanney. The residents around Stanney are hating Stagecoach for changing the 5/5A as they have no regular service and they are regularly late. If Arriva go round Stanney, there they will likely get passengers but they are mainly passes or people who refuse to pay high prices.
Reference URL's