Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva Buses Wales - Chester Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(31/10/2020 21:03)moreton407 Wrote: [ -> ]How does it stand with buses and passengers crossing the border from Wales into chester etc?

A friend of mine who lives in Saltley was stopped drivibg on the way to Broughton shops and fined £1000!
There was checks on the Arriva Midlands, Oswestry depot 2/2A Oswestry to Wrexham, cross border services last lockdown on the Welsh sections and I understand checks have been made over the last week, particularly Chirk having just crossed from Shropshire.
You may of seen my other post but Arriva Cymru are confirmed for taking over the 5 Mold - Ellesmere port this Monday. Info on FCC
(07/11/2020 07:49)Autmac Wrote: [ -> ]You may of seen my other post but Arriva Cymru are confirmed for taking over the 5 Mold - Ellesmere port this Monday. Info on FCC

Interesting bringing the Arriva brand back to the Ellesmere port area.
Cadet's 2570 and 2571 have been drafted in from Bangor to cover the service.
(07/11/2020 13:02)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]Cadet's 2570 and 2571 have been drafted in from Bangor to cover the service.
Lucky that the 3B is being withdrawn so they could. Do you know why Stagecoach are withdrawing the 5?
(07/11/2020 18:52)Autmac Wrote: [ -> ]Lucky that the 3B is being withdrawn so they could. Do you know why Stagecoach are withdrawing the 5?

End of 4 year contract from Flintshire Council.
(07/11/2020 19:18)Aarons Transport Pictures Wrote: [ -> ]End of 4 year contract from Flintshire Council.
Ok wonder how long Arriva's contract will be.
First day of Arriva running the 5 Mold service. Cadets 2503, 2555 and 2570 operating the main service and Pulsar 2656 operating the duplicate S5.
Had a ride on 2647 on the 5's earlier, gotta admit, feels rather more excitable imo
I am not sure if this is true, but i see Mercedes Sprinter 1029 at Chester on the Quack77 fleet list, with it being Anchillary, can i get reminded if this is true or not.
Reference URL's