Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26/01/2022 02:58)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]HOWARDS TRAVEL GROUP T/A HOWARDS TRAVEL AND OMEGA BUSWAYS LIMITED
Incorporated on 15 November 2020

So any deal with THE SPRINGFIELD BUS AND COACH CO. LIMITED
ended when Dissolved 2 October 2019

Ian Howard had two operating licences, one under his name which the 48 & B52 were registered under and another under Springfield Bus & Coach which the 27, 200 & 289 got registered under.

Quote:MP travel I would think would of been offered to take on the route for omega

MP Travel branded vehicles popped up on both the 48 and B52 when Howards were running the contracts. Once Howards ceased to operate Cheshire West awarded an emergency contract to Warrington's Own Buses for the 48, who I seem to recall took over the service part way through the day on a Wednesday. With the Omega contract not being public sector it's less transparent what happened but it was reported there was no break in service with the B52 as MP Travel continued to operate it.
Based purely of Megabus site and what they are showing, it seems that MP Travel is about to get more work (from April 2022) with 1 bus working Derby to London every day, 2 round trips with the bus seemingly staying in Derby (no onward trip showing from Derby)

If this isn't a mistake, it's interesting as it will be the first regular duty for MP Travel which will involve hotels far away. All existing Megabus trips return home each day (or at least go back to Manchester and I presume go back to the depot as that just makes sense)
(23/02/2022 10:38)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Based purely of Megabus site and what they are showing, it seems that MP Travel is about to get more work with 1 bus working Derby to London every day, 2 round trips with the bus seemingly staying in Derby (no onward trip showing from Derby)

If this isn't a mistake, it's interesting as it will be the first regular duty for MP Travel which will involve hotels far away. All existing Megabus trips return home each day (or at least go back to Manchester and I presume go back to the depot as that just makes sense)

looking at it I would say its there usual M45 service as times are the same
(23/02/2022 12:30)CX06 BHE Wrote: [ -> ]looking at it I would say its there usual M45 service as times are the same
Sorry, I should have said, from April.
(23/02/2022 10:38)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Based purely of Megabus site and what they are showing, it seems that MP Travel is about to get more work (from April 2022) with 1 bus working Derby to London every day, 2 round trips with the bus seemingly staying in Derby (no onward trip showing from Derby)

Could it be that driver hour limitations would mean an additional one would be required to take the coach back to the North West?
(23/02/2022 14:06)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Could it be that driver hour limitations would mean an additional one would be required to take the coach back to the North West?
It will be down to cost savings. You need 2 drivers per day anyway for the services as it's 3 hours each way, 4 trips (2 round trips) so that's over driving hours normally. There are too many possibilities for how the service could run operationally and so it wouldn't be wise for me to speculate.
Preserved Cardiff 615 was operating X1 yesterday alongside MP Travel's Preserved MAN ALX300
The X1 has gone back to hourly.
(01/03/2022 19:33)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]The X1 has gone back to hourly.
Back to the emergency timetable again due to staffing issues.

Arriva weren't great but there was a damn sight more certainty with the X1 than there is now. For someone who is so experienced in bus operations, the X1 is becoming a shambles.
(02/03/2022 17:46)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Back to the emergency timetable again due to staffing issues.

I notice they've reuploaded the timetable saying "from 27 September 2021" so if someone prints it out and puts it on one side, it'll look like an old timetable that's been replaced by a newer one.
Reference URL's