Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(26/10/2020 16:45)darylyates17 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe its just a normal E20D Euro 6 Enviro200s sound different to the Euro 5 and below Enviro200 & Darts

Ah right thanks. It sounded like a normal Enviro200 at idle but when it accelerated it was very similar to the sound of a Volvo engine
The Wright Commuter recently acquired is now registered W17 MPT and painted in a blue livery
(27/10/2020 17:27)Y727 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]The Wright Commuter recently acquired is now registered W17 MPT and painted in a blue livery

Is this now ready for service?
(27/10/2020 17:30)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this now ready for service?

Yes it was on the B52 tonight apparently on the X1 from tomorrow.
(28/10/2020 00:11)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes it was on the B52 tonight apparently on the X1 from tomorrow.

Brilliant, will have to give it a ride if I can track it down
(27/10/2020 17:27)Y727 KNF Wrote: [ -> ]The Wright Commuter recently acquired is now registered W17 MPT and painted in a blue livery

It appears to be a hybrid between the bus and coach liveries, looks good but don't think the blue suits the white and black as much as red does. Certainly looking forward to sampling it.
(26/10/2020 15:48)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know if MP68BUS is a Volvo chassis or is that just the Voith? It sounds like one but I’m not convinced as I’ve never seen a Volvo Enviro before?

MP68BUS has a 6 speed Allison not a Voith. Much smoother than the Voith alternatives, low RPM at high speed too Smile
(28/10/2020 21:52)thomasl1231 Wrote: [ -> ]MP68BUS has a 6 speed Allison not a Voith. Much smoother than the Voith alternatives, low RPM at high speed too Smile

My bad, should’ve known it was Allison by the lack of retarder whine lol. Definitely is a smooth ride, and fast off the mark!

I think when the Commuter is introduced to the X1, MP68BUS will be taken off, due to its size. I did think the Commuter would be on X1 today, but found that it wasn’t.

Yesterday’s (as at time of writing this) allocations were as follows:

Vehicle 1: SN58 BYR - Wright Eclipse B7RLE
Vehicle 2: SN57 DDA - Wright Eclipse B7RLE
Vehicle 3: MP20 BUS - MCV eVora B8RLE
Vehicle 4: MP68 BUS - ADL Enviro 200MMC
Liam,

Never think you know whats going to happen with buses...

MP68BUS is not too small due to the amount of passengers we carrying.

Also, although the commuter has been seen with pictures with X1 on blind, it doesn't mean its going on the X1.

Theres no set sequence or set of vehicles for the X1 and will remain like that for the time being.

Cheers

G

(29/10/2020 00:25)Liamkennedy2231 Wrote: [ -> ]My bad, should’ve known it was Allison by the lack of retarder whine lol. Definitely is a smooth ride, and fast off the mark!

I think when the Commuter is introduced to the X1, MP68BUS will be taken off, due to its size. I did think the Commuter would be on X1 today, but found that it wasn’t.

Yesterday’s (as at time of writing this) allocations were as follows:

Vehicle 1: SN58 BYR - Wright Eclipse B7RLE
Vehicle 2: SN57 DDA - Wright Eclipse B7RLE
Vehicle 3: MP20 BUS - MCV eVora B8RLE
Vehicle 4: MP68 BUS - ADL Enviro 200MMC
(29/10/2020 19:36)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]Liam,

Never think you know whats going to happen with buses...

MP68BUS is not too small due to the amount of passengers we carrying.

Also, although the commuter has been seen with pictures with X1 on blind, it doesn't mean its going on the X1.

Theres no set sequence or set of vehicles for the X1 and will remain like that for the time being.

Cheers

G

Ah thanks for clearing that up. I initially thought MP68BUS would be replaced as it’s the small(est) vehicle and loadings were pretty decent, but found this is not always the case. Obviously bigger isn’t always better, especially in volatile conditions. The only reason I thought the Commuter was going to be on X1 is because of a previous post suggesting it was due to run the route. Apologies if I come across as if I am certain of information, as I’m not and I know things can change whenever for whatever reason.
Reference URL's