Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is the MP Travel Feed so lets return to that topic and leave out any speculation.
(13/03/2022 20:05)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]The message above from MP says it's down to drivers, not viability.

To be fair it suggests it’s a bit of both.
X1 registration cancelled from 2nd April.
Apparently MP have closed up shop unfortunately. B52 gone back to Howards.
(27/04/2022 19:46)L401CJF Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently MP have closed up shop unfortunately. B52 gone back to Howards.

Not completely true. They're reducing most of their work but still operating
(27/04/2022 19:46)L401CJF Wrote: [ -> ]Apparently MP have closed up shop unfortunately. B52 gone back to Howards.

B52 under Howard's can't commence until June unless they run it for free. It seems Howard's have resolved the issue(s) that prevented the TC awarding Howard's a new operating licence previously.

MP were operating staff shuttles for The Hut Group at Manchester Airport last week. Presumably that's a free service so doesn't need to be registered.
The timing is interesting. MP rumoured to be closing/reducing work as Howard is granted a new licence, although he’s not going to do muck with 3 ops disks.

I was in Warrington on Monday. One of MP’s mega bus coaches was doing the B52, and as I was leaving shudehill a couple of hours later the other mega bus coach was leaving shudehill on a mega bus trip.

Also both the mega bus coaches have been advertised for sale.
(27/04/2022 20:58)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]The timing is interesting. MP rumoured to be closing/reducing work as Howard is granted a new licence, although he’s not going to do muck with 3 ops disks.

I was in Warrington on Monday. One of MP’s mega bus coaches was doing the B52, and as I was leaving shudehill a couple of hours later the other mega bus coach was leaving shudehill on a mega bus trip.

Also both the mega bus coaches have been advertised for sale.
Howards has 4 ops disks according to VOSA. Doesn't help massively but an extra bus is an extra bus.

Sunday was the last day for Megabus I believe.

Regarding the B52, that will be to satisfy registration periods I guess and so I expect we will see MP Travel withdrawing the B52 at that date and the drivers just so happening to move to Howard's at the same time as the route transfers over.

If Gaz was to shut up shop straight away and cancel everything, he would risk being up at a public inquiry (as has happened previously when firms close) and you get a lot of bad press. It's easier to reduce work and do things in this way to save on bad press and if Gaz wants to return to being a TM at any point, he has that option without the traffic commissioner asking questions.
This feels as good as closing. Given the working relationship between Howard and MP, I'd expect Howard is already running things (or will be running things in a few weeks), just under the MP name and then it will transfer over in June.
bit of a funny one with Megabus as they also have controller at Manchester for Megabus and Gaz gets on well with Stagecoach. So, to walk away or lose the work means issues. hope they stay but just doing Rail replacement with their buses like they started off doing.
MP21MPT has been advertised for sale today on facebook
Reference URL's