Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/01/2021 09:48)Barney Wrote: [ -> ]During this pandemic, I doubt whether many routes are "paying their way." Bus operators across the country are currently being given huge state subsidies - courtesy of the taxpayer - to continue to run unprofitable services.

Be interesting to see how the X1 fares once the government funding ceases.
Season tickets are not for 1 set route and there warning that arriva no longer runs the route. it been cut by them and been replaced Commercially 
By being registered by MP and any company can do the same so any passengers with issues could ask for a refund.

For any ticket issued before the notice of giving the service up but most people have weekly or 28 day tickets and it takes longer to notify people of a new service and withdraw it with the TC so everyone is covered it not case of one day out of blue MP take over it been put to Notice.
(15/01/2021 04:53)Bobbi_1042_Runcorn Wrote: [ -> ]No, you all don't understand, Runcorn needs the X1 / Express Bus Service to/from Runcorn all day, and we need it for works etc, and we need the X1 night service back too, (past 20:00 off Liverpool) a real night service back, pasted 20:00 (back in my day it was the X5)

Would ppl buy weekly tickets or day riders? yes, but if they run to Windmill Hill all day

The late X1 was cut for a reason
(15/01/2021 09:26)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]The late X1 was cut for a reason
Putting viability aside, was it well used?
(15/01/2021 18:40)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Putting viability aside, was it well used?

I would’ve said so.

I think the issue was more to do with fares as they said ‘fares are low considering the amount of time passengers spend on the service’ and that there was ‘limited opportunity to pick up passengers’ because of its express nature.

There was talks of looking at changing fares but this never came to fruition.
(15/01/2021 18:40)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Putting viability aside, was it well used?

yeah it was used well, it can be full (standing) on Friday/Saturday nights with a Cadet (past 20:00)

Sunday Morning where standing only at Shopping City from Windmill Hill on the 10:00 to X1 Liverpool ONE

I dunno about the N5
If the X1 had people standing often Arriva would not of let it go. if a bus is not making about a good £20ph / £25ph it not worth bus running.
(16/01/2021 06:42)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]If the X1 had people standing often Arriva would not of let it go. if a bus is not making about a good £20ph / £25ph it not worth bus running.

remember 99% off people on the X1 have weekly tickets, I remember the driver running out off float (Mornings every day,,, the 06:00 (etc) to Liverpool ONE)
(16/01/2021 06:50)Bobbi_1042_Runcorn Wrote: [ -> ]remember 99% off people on the X1 have weekly tickets, I remember the driver running out off float (Mornings every day,,, the 06:00 (etc) to Liverpool ONE)

Drivers do not have floats however some use their own money as change.

Also a Bus have decent loads on a Friday and Saturday evening does not justify running a regular evening service.

As was mentioned in here already the X1 is mostly people coming from Halton into Liverpool for work then going home again, there are not many people doing the opposite .
(16/01/2021 06:50)Bobbi_1042_Runcorn Wrote: [ -> ]remember 99% off people on the X1 have weekly tickets, I remember the driver running out off float (Mornings every day,,, the 06:00 (etc) to Liverpool ONE)
Does not matter as you count weekly tickets as 10 trips a week. so say a bus at 10pm has 10 people on board you count that as 10 returns a week. if they pay £4 a day that £2 a passenger on that trip so means £20 for that trip but you have to work by the 2hr as the trip before or after has to be counted or it dead mileage and time. so if trip before has no passengers that not worth running. as it would work out £10ph if no one pays on that trip.
Reference URL's