Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(23/01/2022 19:10)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]So is this seperate Omega Busways connected to Howard or MP Travel? I’m a little confused.

Omega Busways is presumably a brand for the B52 as it serves the Omega Business Park. Could be wrong but I think the route is ran by MP for Howard's.
(23/01/2022 19:10)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]So is this seperate Omega Busways connected to Howard or MP Travel? I’m a little confused.

Omega Busways is the new trading name for Howards Travel Group who have recently been successful in gaining a new operators license.
(25/01/2022 09:12)quahogbuscompany Wrote: [ -> ]Omega Busways is the new trading name for Howards Travel Group who have recently been successful in gaining a new operators license.

Licence is currently awaiting consideration

https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...nce/562134
(25/01/2022 02:30)Mrboo Wrote: [ -> ]Now run by MP
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/575335/

Was run By Howards but no record of it being cancelled
https://www.vehicle-operator-licensing.s...ls/525830/

That's interesting as I'm sure services attached to licence PC1038239 were previously showing 'REVOKED' but now the B52 and H23 are showing as active. The latest 48 registration was showing as EXPIRED even when Howards were still running it, it appears that because it was given an end date which matched the start date.

If Howards have had a revoked licence reinstated and both Howards and MP have an active registration for the B52, doesn't that require them both to run the service? Of course it could just be an admin error.
(25/01/2022 14:03)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]That's interesting as I'm sure services attached to licence PC1038239 were previously showing 'REVOKED' but now the B52 and H23 are showing as active. The latest 48 registration was showing as EXPIRED even when Howards were still running it, it appears that because it was given an end date which matched the start date.

If Howards have had a revoked licence reinstated and both Howards and MP have an active registration for the B52, doesn't that require them both to run the service? Of course it could just be an admin error.

It'll be an admin error. When a licence is revoked any registered bus service is canceled at the time the revokation happens
(25/01/2022 09:12)quahogbuscompany Wrote: [ -> ]Omega Busways is the new trading name for Howards Travel Group who have recently been successful in gaining a new operators license.

So who’s operating the B52? Howard’s or MP Travel?
(25/01/2022 21:50)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]So who’s operating the B52? Howard’s or MP Travel?

I believe the contract is still.with Howards, but its sub contracted to mptravel.
(25/01/2022 22:55)NorthernCounties Wrote: [ -> ]I believe the contract is still.with Howards, but its sub contracted to mptravel.

It’s just with the post saying they (Howard’s) have been successful obtaining a new licence then the posts saying it’s still under consideration. He’s also stated it’s nothing to do with MP yet they mention it on their website.
HOWARDS TRAVEL GROUP T/A HOWARDS TRAVEL AND OMEGA BUSWAYS LIMITED
Incorporated on 15 November 2020

So any deal with THE SPRINGFIELD BUS AND COACH CO. LIMITED
ended when Dissolved 2 October 2019

So there been a gap of 13 months so MP travel I would think would of been offered to take on the route for omega so saying Howards travel group has it would mean they would have to do a new contract. as when you Dissolved that end of the contract as it in that Ltd not a person. and as the Ltd gone so would any legal claim.

Now may have been an off the book's agreement as the route run with fares so maybe just a right to enter the park. so not really a contract just a case of someone have asked Howards to put on a bus and they have done so. and so MP was asked by Howards if they wanted the route before others may jump on it.
Reference URL's