Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: MP Travel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06/12/2020 18:14)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]A friend told me the Eclipse that worked the last duty last night had to call for back up at L1 as it was full!

You should not listen to what your "friend" has to say.

The 1845 departure was full to social distancing. We do not have to operate any other further buses to combat that, however, as good will we sent a bus back to check and carry any remaining passengers that may have not got the 82 or the 79 or which ever number goes to Runcorn.

We did that as a good will to help customers.

We have not put deckers on the route as much as the daytime routes could cope with them, Arriva have stated needs to be single deck. We are going to monitor passenger numbers closely and work with Arriva to help in any way we can.

Also to note, our passenger numbers recently have been good but we did not think it would be as high as what is has been given how things have been recently. You can't judge what is going to happen, we don't have a crystal ball. If I could I would use the deckers then put a single to cover the busway section, but unfortunately, I can't
(06/12/2020 18:38)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]I also don't see how they can refer to the service as the X1 unless they can ensure all buses run to time and the heritage bus runs just behind the normal bus for the entire journey. If not how does an ordinary passenger know that the old looking bus showing X1 isn't a late running X1 service where their ordinary ticket isn't valid. When MP Travel loaned a W reg Dart to Howards and Howards put it on the 289 instead of their usual new Metrocity, some people commented on that accessible Dart being a vintage bus, despite it being much newer than the vintage buses which Routemaster had available for hire at the time.

All vintage buses will be directly behind the normal service ones.

IIRC the W reg dart was put on the 289 due to the Metrocity being off the road due to usual Optare faults.
Must be said, thank you MP Travel for posting and clarifying some points about this running day - it is very much appreciated Smile
(07/12/2020 12:33)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]Liverpool is currently tier 2. Should this change to 3 prior to Jan then we would obviously review what is happening.

I think one of the concerns was any event could attract people from tier 3 areas to attend, even though they shouldn't make non-essential journeys outside their own areas. There's been a lot of debate about whether Christmas markets should be held for one weekend in Knutsford (in tier 2), due to the fact it might attract people from tier 3 areas, which could potentially increase the spread of COVID even if social distancing is maintained.

Quote:It has been discussed with all authorities required and permission has been granted. All fares taken on the vintage buses will be donated. So yes, I am running this at a cost to myself, but thats my business, and frankly none of yours.

My criticism was with the error in the wording of your Facebook post, which didn't make it clear. I would suggest any charity event works best if it's clear whether 100% of the £10 in question goes to charity or whether all profits go to charity. I wouldn't be willing to pay £10 for a charity event if I didn't know how much of it would go to charity and I'm sure other people would feel the same way. It doesn't bode well for any company where the MD responds to useful constructive criticism with "none of your business", it is the business of anyone who 'donates' whether or not the charity gets the full £10 and while you have now given clarification following the error in your Facebook post, to suggest it's your business and not there's is very rude. Obviously, the constructive criticism and your rude response could have been avoided if you had simply proof-read your Facebook banner before posting it. One of the things that can quickly destroy a business' reputation in 2020 is not checking something before posting it on social media.
(07/12/2020 13:15)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]I think one of the concerns was any event could attract people from tier 3 areas to attend, even though they shouldn't make non-essential journeys outside their own areas. There's been a lot of debate about whether Christmas markets should be held for one weekend in Knutsford (in tier 2), due to the fact it might attract people from tier 3 areas, which could potentially increase the spread of COVID even if social distancing is maintained.

My criticism was with the error in the wording of your Facebook post, which didn't make it clear. I would suggest any charity event works best if it's clear whether 100% of the £10 in question goes to charity or whether all profits go to charity. I wouldn't be willing to pay £10 for a charity event if I didn't know how much of it would go to charity and I'm sure other people would feel the same way. It doesn't bode well for any company where the MD responds to useful constructive criticism with "none of your business", it is the business of anyone who 'donates' whether or not the charity gets the full £10 and while you have now given clarification following the error in your Facebook post, to suggest it's your business and not there's is very rude. Obviously, the constructive criticism and your rude response could have been avoided if you had simply proof-read your Facebook banner before posting it. One of the things that can quickly destroy a business' reputation in 2020 is not checking something before posting it on social media.

I take your notes, however most of the posts on here were in fact not constructive critiscism, its just rubbish and stirring trying to make something out of nothing.

I am not here to please bus enthusiasts, I am a keen one, and will work with anyone, however, if you want to sit there and dis my company or anything we are doing without actually getting any facts and speaking to me, which I am very approacable so I am told then don't expect niceties. I can say I find your posts rude, some of the comments you make but again, I don't I will try to answer things where I can. So for a person who deals with communications etc, before belittling or trying to tarnish a company, maybe speak to them, sorry just an idea.

However, I do hope my original post did clarify a few things, some of you seem keen to know.
(07/12/2020 12:52)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Just a quick question, I thought the X1 went back to Arriva operation from the 1st Jan, i assume that is not correct and MP will continue to operate this service?

Unfortunately, I am not willing to divulge information on what is happening with the contract, however, I can confirm at the moment, MP will be running into January.
(07/12/2020 13:26)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, I am not willing to divulge information on what is happening with the contract, however, I can confirm at the moment, MP will be running into January.

Thats fine, thanks!
(07/12/2020 12:56)ant17612 Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for clearing this up. I fully believe your intentions are good ones and have no fault towards the idea. I just feel the timing is not the best and it could easily attract people to the area that shouldn't be there. If their are ways to help the cause without attending I'm up for that. Or being able to attend something similar post pandemic (fingers crossed) ie the Saturday before the NWVRT event.

Hi Ant,

I understand your concerns, however, as stated, we have said online that we expect everyone to adhere to their tier rules.

In the current worldwide circumstances, there is no best date for it, I mean for all we know and am only using the NWVRT as a reference, we may be in a worse state by this time, and that is not going to go ahead.

MP Travel wouldn't be running the X1 in June/July etc.

We have to deal with what we can and use the current guidelines in place to make the best of what we can. Someone PM'd me saying well you know all the bus veg that are in tier 3 are you going to ban them from getting on.

Well in fact, I have lots of bus guys on my facebook, and in the street wouldn't have a clue who you are, but like most, you have to trust everyone will do the right thing and follow rules.

Also, knowing that a bus is going to have social distancing on board, why would you risk coming all that way, when not guarantee'd seats on what your hoping to travel on.. If you see my point.

G
(07/12/2020 12:33)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]We are charging £2 single or £10 for using them all day.

£2 from Halton Lea to Liverpool express - bargain!!
(07/12/2020 13:30)mptravel Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Ant,

I understand your concerns, however, as stated, we have said online that we expect everyone to adhere to their tier rules.

In the current worldwide circumstances, there is no best date for it, I mean for all we know and am only using the NWVRT as a reference, we may be in a worse state by this time, and that is not going to go ahead.

MP Travel wouldn't be running the X1 in June/July etc.

We have to deal with what we can and use the current guidelines in place to make the best of what we can. Someone PM'd me saying well you know all the bus veg that are in tier 3 are you going to ban them from getting on.

Well in fact, I have lots of bus guys on my facebook, and in the street wouldn't have a clue who you are, but like most, you have to trust everyone will do the right thing and follow rules.

Also, knowing that a bus is going to have social distancing on board, why would you risk coming all that way, when not guarantee'd seats on what your hoping to travel on.. If you see my point.

G

Sadly I think a lot of enthusiasts will see this as a green light to travel from all corners of the country and to quote councillor Pat Karney who was talking about the anti lockdown rally in Manchester yesterday ‘anyone organising or attending any kind of event at the moment is putting two fingers up to everyone fighting to contain the virus’
I work as a driver, it’s s constant worry that I might contract it or even worse pass it on to a family member but I have to work to pay my bills. I’m not saying it to ‘dis’ your company but while it’s commendable your doing it for charity the timing is insensitive.
Reference URL's