Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01/11/2016 09:14)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Thought they'd been here a while? Usually the solos that work the 484.

That was a Bolton operated Service
T42 PVM - Hadn't realised that, seems a long way to run dead from bolton all the way into eccles then back again at end of the day. Wythenshawe is surely a closer depot?
Each depot puts in for the work independently so both bolton and Wythenshawe may both put in for the tenders but boltons price will be cheaper due to boltons wages and overheads being less than Wythenshawes and thats why bolton would of operated it.
Same as why st helens operated the speke hall shuttle over speke depot being 2 mins away.
When did 2621 get leather seats?
(02/11/2016 16:16)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]When did 2621 get leather seats?

It's had them for a while as I noticed it had them while it was being used on the 88 route.
(01/11/2016 15:50)motormayhem1 Wrote: [ -> ]Each depot puts in for the work independently so both bolton and Wythenshawe may both put in for the tenders but boltons price will be cheaper due to boltons wages and overheads being less than Wythenshawes and thats why bolton would of operated it.
Same as why st helens operated the speke hall shuttle over speke depot being 2 mins away.

I'm surprised they would pay less in Bolton than Wythenshawe. Is that a left over from Arriva acquiring staff on different grades as a result of takeovers?
(02/11/2016 18:23)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]I'm surprised they would pay less in Bolton than Wythenshawe. Is that a left over from Arriva acquiring staff on different grades as a result of takeovers?
Thats correct , there pay is different due to result of takeovers etc and local agreements to do with revenue,depot overheads etc.
The 130 has to be the worst of all Arriva's Sapphire services considering the Arriva promise of frequent and direct services. There is no departure from Manchester from 1612 to 1742, hardly a premium service. I know there are quicker trains from Manchester to Macclesfield and Wilmslow but the 130 serves many areas between Wilmslow and Parrs Wood that are not that close to a train and has the advantage of serving the University area, MRI etc.

Could more be done or have been done to improve the 130 or has the Sapphire brand failed on this route?
(05/11/2016 13:03)Redmikey Wrote: [ -> ]The 130 has to be the worst of all Arriva's Sapphire services considering the Arriva promise of frequent and direct services. There is no departure from Manchester from 1612 to 1742, hardly a premium service. I know there are quicker trains from Manchester to Macclesfield and Wilmslow but the 130 serves many areas between Wilmslow and Parrs Wood that are not that close to a train and has the advantage of serving the University area, MRI etc.

Could more be done or have been done to improve the 130 or has the Sapphire brand failed on this route?

Sadly I think the only way the Manchester end of route would work would be if it was operated by stagecoach as a limited stop - like the old 150iirc. Competing against the 50 and the train leaves only scraps of unique passengers beyond East didsbury.

A well publicised flat fare of £1 beyond Parrs wood might have worked on the half hourly service but not now.

The people of Cheadle must be reeling in the reduction of their manchester services from 5 x hourly to 3 x hourly
The 130 is dead on it's arse now IMHO, hourly services ain't the way forward. But then again sadly during the day it'd REALLY quiet.

In rush hour the pulsars are packed to capacity, if anymore people use it they'll need deckers of which wythenshawe don't have hardly any spares. & I'm sorry but £17.50 a week is daylight robbery arriva for the service they provide. Slowly but surely to me & a few other people I've spoke to it appears they're losing the battle.
Reference URL's