Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I think to coincide with the official launch on Friday, Arriva have now activated the next stop announcements on the 263.
(03/04/2016 07:15)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]DAF President out last night on Sapphire 263s, must have been on a late duty as I saw it in Manchester ready to operate 21:25 journey to Altrincham, not often Wythenshawe have a decker out on a late duty these days

There was a temporary closure on the altrincham metro line due to a failed tram. I assume it would have been substituted in to cope with extra loads.
(02/04/2016 13:14)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Appears all the rest 2740-2749 were sapphired too, like the WIFI & charging points but not as keen on the leather seats though.

Certainly gonna be strange nxt time I'm down seeing some of the ex winsford cadets working 178 duties.

Thanks, I'm glad plenty if not all Enviro300s have been Sapphired.

I gather the Cadets have been released from the double-decking of route 84.

I saw a Sunday route 370 working, just a normal Pulsar as per the Mon-Sat evening service.
2643 was on the 263 Yesterday as well
(03/04/2016 20:14)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]2643 was on the 263 Yesterday as well

That is not a Wythenshawe bus is it?
Its a recent transfer, for some reason a couple of Pulsars have swapped around
There was some speculation on the Arriva Green Lane thread that Arriva could divest Bolton and/or Wythenshawe.

I doubt that Arriva would divest Wythenshawe as they have just upgraded route 263 to Sapphire spec. As they appear to operate just commercial services, having ceased local routes in Altrincham like the 13 and 21, I reckon they will keep Wythenshawe. Mind you, this could change depending on what form franchising under the forthcoming Mayor takes.
(14/05/2016 09:35)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]There was some speculation on the Arriva Green Lane thread that Arriva could divest Bolton and/or Wythenshawe.

I doubt that Arriva would divest Wythenshawe as they have just upgraded route 263 to Sapphire spec. As they appear to operate just commercial services, having ceased local routes in Altrincham like the 13 and 21, I reckon they will keep Wythenshawe. Mind you, this could change depending on what form franchising under the forthcoming Mayor takes.

Arriva don't care if they've just refurbished the vehicles and it's been evident in the past. One of the first buses to be refurbished was an East Lancs EL2000 bodied Dennis Lance that recieved a full 'polish and promote' whilst at Skem and was scrapped a month later! There was another East Lancs Dart that didn't last much longer either based at Bolton? that received the same treatment.

By that argument though both have two Sapphire Services as well as Schools and both operate TFGM contracts. In terms of services both depots are pretty level.
(14/05/2016 10:20)Raawwwrrr! Wrote: [ -> ]Arriva don't care if they've just refurbished the vehicles and it's been evident in the past. One of the first buses to be refurbished was an East Lancs EL2000 bodied Dennis Lance that recieved a full 'polish and promote' whilst at Skem and was scrapped a month later! There was another East Lancs Dart that didn't last much longer either based at Bolton? that received the same treatment.

By that argument though both have two Sapphire Services as well as Schools and both operate TFGM contracts. In terms of services both depots are pretty level.
It's possible Arriva could do a deal on Wythenshawe's routes and the sapphire spec buses. The new owner would need to repaint them and change the logos on the next stop boards.
Edit: thats if they Arriva did sell Wythenshawe
(14/05/2016 09:35)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]There was some speculation on the Arriva Green Lane thread that Arriva could divest Bolton and/or Wythenshawe.

Wythenshawe have TFGM Tendered 178 and 370 as well
Reference URL's