Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Arriva North West - Wythenshawe Depot
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Wythenshawe as had a 2 pit extension built on the end of the engineering dept as it can house deckers now hence deckers what are used on the schools being there.
I had a tour of south Manchester & Trafford on Saturday 26th November. I saw route 178 entirely operated by Solos. Commander 2621 on route 247 had been refurbished with dark grey leather seats.
In purchasing an Arriva Manchester Daysaver, I noticed how I had the choice of 6 Daysavers available. This one, an Arriva North West Daysaver, a System 1 Bus Daysaver, a System 1 Bus & Train Daysaver, a System 1 Bus & Tram Daysaver, or a System 1 Bus, Train & Tram Daysaver.

I also noticed that it is 20p more expensive than a Stagecoach Dayrider but covers a smaller network. Or perhaps I should say 3 networks: Trafford / route 263 / route 178 / route 130, route 10, and Bolton & Wigan routes.

I wonder whether Stagecoach have ever offered to relieve Arriva of their Wythenshawe operation?
Doubtful don't think they'd see it as profitable.

When do macc take over the 130 from wythenshawe & is it full route or just the wilmslow portion? Seems daft if they're just getting the wilmslow bit, also which buses are to be used? Heard some of the sapphire pulsars are moving into macc.
It would definitely make sense for the 130-branded Sapphire Pulsars to be kept on the route, even though I know a number of them do drift off to other routes sometimes at present.
(11/12/2016 07:24)33109 Wrote: [ -> ]Doubtful don't think they'd see it as profitable.

When do macc take over the 130 from wythenshawe & is it full route or just the wilmslow portion? Seems daft if they're just getting the wilmslow bit, also which buses are to be used? Heard some of the sapphire pulsars are moving into macc.

Im led to beleive only the shorts are to go to Macclesfield sometime in january as macclesfield are required to take on new drivers to cover the work and when the drivers are upto correct numbers then the long 130's will follow if what ive been told is correct and it will be the 130 branded sapphire pulsars that will go with it.
Makes sense as they've got a big recruitment drive on atm as macc are short on drivers.

Inevitably the existing drivers & new guys will mix on the 130.
I saw a 370 at lunchtime which was a Pulsar as expected. Conversely, on the evening on Tuesday November 29th I saw a Solo on the route. Maybe it is now Solo on Mon-Sat evenings and Pulsar on Sundays?
(11/12/2016 17:25)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I saw a 370 at lunchtime which was a Pulsar as expected. Conversely, on the evening on Tuesday November 29th I saw a Solo on the route. Maybe it is now Solo on Mon-Sat evenings and Pulsar on Sundays?

Everytime I've used it in the evenings, loadings would suggest using a Solo is viable.
2740 heading west on M62 at Winwick yesterday afternoon.
Reference URL's