Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Howards/Springfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MX62GNJ on the 200 today.
;
Those clever people at Transport Service Solutions show it leaving the station at xx.54 to Bank Square and xx.56 to the Airport and operated by Springfield Travel despite their own leaflet showing the more logical Howard's, and despite someone clearly having visited to put a new timetable in the case, the bus stop still has one of their notices about a diversion in September stuck to it
The contract was awarded to Howards but they've registered it on a Springfield operating licence
That may well be so but TSS ought to be aware that they operate their services as Howard's - the 39 in Crewe isn't shown as operated by Meakins, nor I am sure the Stagecoach service from Wilmslow as "Greater Manchester Buses South".
(05/11/2016 13:23)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]That may well be so but TSS ought to be aware that they operate their services as Howard's - the 39 in Crewe isn't shown as operated by Meakins, nor I am sure the Stagecoach service from Wilmslow as "Greater Manchester Buses South".

The 378 was registered by Greater Manchester Buses South Ltd t/a Stagecoach Manchester which is how it's displayed on the little legal notice on all their buses. The t/a bit means they can trade as Stagecoach Manchester opposed to Greater Manchester Buses South.

The 27, 200 and 289 are registered to The Springfield Bus & Coach Co t/a Springfield Bus & Coach, so the bus stop timetables and Traveline are both correct and the little leaflets are wrong. I think the 48 is the only public service they run on a Howards licence rather than a Springfield one.

I'm not sure what you mean about branded as Howards (they don't actually use an apostrophe), the two leased Enviros have no branding except a window sticker saying Howards while their other buses contain branding for both companies. I accept that it's usually one of the leased Enviros which run the 200 route.
I must admit I was under the impression that all their bus services ran under the Howard's name.
(24/08/2016 10:20)The H man Wrote: [ -> ]The 289 should get its own, new, dedicated branded vehicle in October

Any update on this? I've not seen the 289 service recently but noticed the 200 is still being operated by a plain white Enviro today.
[attachment=342]

It should be here end of month now....
Newly delivered Enviro 200 SN66WND has been delivered today. Should be going in for paint tonight and be ready for weekend. Hopefully on the road for next Monday on the 200 service.
https://flic.kr/p/NY1XW1
(08/11/2016 17:29)quahogbuscompany Wrote: [ -> ]Newly delivered Enviro 200 SN66WND has been delivered today. Should be going in for paint tonight and be ready for weekend. Hopefully on the road for next Monday on the 200 service.
https://flic.kr/p/NY1XW1

I don't know why in factory nothing repainted Enviro200 Howard/Springfield livery only full white allover, but Optare Metrocity already painted on to Howard's Livery, What is different between both. I called Enviro 200 WINDY to match registration number SN66WND!!
Are any changes to the buses used planned for the 27 or 48 routes? I've noticed F15 HOW on the 48 a few times and it seems a bit oversized for the number of passengers! Although, I'm sure the passengers prefer an oversized bus to one that's too small.
Reference URL's