Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Howards/Springfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(25/10/2016 11:23)quahogbuscompany Wrote: [ -> ]V24 was working the 27 in the late afternoon so possibly a vehicle changeover for V23?

It was parked up out-of-use with it looking like the driver was on a statutory break but never noticed a vehicle there out-of-use at around that time before.
(25/10/2016 13:22)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]It was parked up out-of-use with it looking like the driver was on a statutory break but never noticed a vehicle there out-of-use at around that time before.

I think 23 did the morning and 24 the afternoon iirc on that day , or vice versa
From what I was told V23HOW had been out on Rail Replacements on Sunday and wasn't fuelled up ready for Monday morning so it was decided that the morning driver on 27 would take it for his shift with the afternoon/evening driver bringing out V24HOW for his duty on 27.

I might have said this in the past but all of Howards tendered work now have drivers on them who now stick to regular duties, it certainly seems that way on 27 & 200 and I think 289s.
(26/10/2016 05:57)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I might have said this in the past but all of Howards tendered work now have drivers on them who now stick to regular duties, it certainly seems that way on 27 & 200 and I think 289s.

That should mean the regular drivers are all very familiar with the route and might be beneficial if there's an emergency road closure. However, I'm not sure if that might mean if the regular driver phones in sick that someone who has never/rarely driven the route might have to be used.
This happened about a month or so back when there was an accident just after where the 130 joins the 27 route into Macclesfield meaning the road was completly blocked for most of the afternoon, as a result the bus on 27 ended up parking up in Knutsford for a couple of hours, regular evening driver sees it in Knutsford after coming off 289s for his meal break and found it odd that it was there and driver told him the reason.
(26/10/2016 08:30)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]This happened about a month or so back when there was an accident just after where the 130 joins the 27 route into Macclesfield meaning the road was completly blocked for most of the afternoon, as a result the bus on 27 ended up parking up in Knutsford for a couple of hours, regular evening driver sees it in Knutsford after coming off 289s for his meal break and found it odd that it was there and driver told him the reason.

They should have really tried to have kept the Knutsford to Chelford bit running if possible. An accident between Monks Heath and Macclesfield isn't a very good excuse for not allowing someone to get back to Ollerton/Over Peover/Chelford from Knutsford, unless the bus was stuck the wrong side of the accident.
(26/10/2016 05:57)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]From what I was told V23HOW had been out on Rail Replacements on Sunday and wasn't fuelled up ready for Monday morning so it was decided that the morning driver on 27 would take it for his shift with the afternoon/evening driver bringing out V24HOW for his duty on 27.

F14 HOW was there around the same time today so I don't know if they are doing the same thing. F14 HOW almost looked it was a heritage vehicle with it being parked next to a D&G 13 reg Solo SR.
(27/10/2016 14:48)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]F14 HOW was there around the same time today so I don't know if they are doing the same thing. F14 HOW almost looked it was a heritage vehicle with it being parked next to a D&G 13 reg Solo SR.

In fairness there are still plenty of vehicles the same age still doing the rounds, I'd much rather have a Renown than a Solo personally!
Yes F14HOW was brought from the depot to cover for F13HOW which had been on evening Rail Replacements the day before and yes it would have been the same driver who brought it out.
(27/10/2016 15:29)Lynx Wrote: [ -> ]In fairness there are still plenty of vehicles the same age still doing the rounds, I'd much rather have a Renown than a Solo personally!

In an area with lots of old buses it might not have looked that old but now that GHA have gone a S reg bus (or one similar in age) in Knutsford on a public service is a rare site.

I'm not a fan of the traditional Solos but I do like the SRs. I've got quite sensitive hearing and some engines on older buses make me feel pressure on my ears - more so than on a class 150 train, despite the latter being louder.
Reference URL's