Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Howards/Springfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A parish council has the 289 bus service on its agenda for their next meeting. They are unhappy about the poor reliability of the service with it frequently running through villages between Altrincham and Knutsford over 5 minutes early and not waiting until the timetabled time. They've identified the 13:33 from Altrincham as being the worst culprit.
(28/01/2017 10:55)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Metrocity on 289 again this morning.

The Metrocity was on Rail Replacement duties today, seen earlier in Rhyl with an appropriate destination display!!
(12/02/2017 18:48)C209 GTU Wrote: [ -> ]The Metrocity was on Rail Replacement duties today, seen earlier in Rhyl with an appropriate destination display!!

It was misleading, it's a bus lol Laugh
According to their Twitter feed the 200 service has been suspended, while the 27 and 289 services are diverted due to trees being down.
Got talking to one of the drivers who drives 27 last night and he informed me that apart from the odd couple of branches in the road and other bits of debris in the road he had no problems getting round the route when he took over in the afternoon.
Scania YV03PZW (Y22HOW I think it had on?) has been sold to Stagecarriage, Middlesbrough
(25/02/2017 09:37)tyresmoke Wrote: [ -> ]Scania YV03PZW (Y22HOW I think it had on?) has been sold to Stagecarriage, Middlesbrough

It would have been V23 HOW.
Another correction here it is indeed Scania Double Decker Y22HOW that has been sold recently and not V23HOW which is the Single Deck Scania which still remains in the fleet, another departure from the fleet is the ex GHA Plaxton President that Howards bought.
(27/02/2017 08:11)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Another correction here it is indeed Scania Double Decker Y22HOW that has been sold recently and not V23HOW which is the Single Deck Scania which still remains in the fleet, another departure from the fleet is the ex GHA Plaxton President that Howards bought.

Ah OK I remember someone saying one of the single deckers with the personalised V reg number plates have been put up for sale, so presumed it was the Scania.

The ex-GHA decker didn't stay long then.
(27/02/2017 09:48)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Ah OK I remember someone saying one of the single deckers with the personalised V reg number plates have been put up for sale, so presumed it was the Scania.

The ex-GHA decker didn't stay long then.

It was quite unreliable apparently, probably as a result of the years of neglect and abuse GHA gave it.
Reference URL's