Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Howards/Springfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Also now noted with Howards are ex-GHA President W469 BCW now painted up into Howards livery and looking very smart, and ex-Stagecoach Lincolnshire Volvo Olympian R131 EVX which is yet to be repainted from Stagecoach livery but has acquired a blue rear stripe in place on Stagecoach orange (SC rules that buses may not operate in there livery with another operator).
V24 HOW is up for sale at the moment. £14k I saw it on FB group so thought this would be a good thread.
(05/10/2016 12:06)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]V24 HOW is up for sale at the moment. £14k I saw it on FB group so thought this would be a good thread.

Shame as its a good bus, presumably its sale is because of its poor fuel economy which is the reason that Stagecoach where eager to get rid of them in the first place plus the fact they are non-standard for SC.
Does the 200 (To viewing park) operate on a Saturday. Also are the System 1 travel cards valid for both adult and child from the airport to the viewing park.
200 is one of the few Cheshire East contracts that operates 7 days a week.
(15/10/2016 00:08)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Does the 200 (To viewing park) operate on a Saturday. Also are the System 1 travel cards valid for both adult and child from the airport to the viewing park.

System One/Getmethere tickets are valid across Greater Manchester, which would cover the Airport and Viewing Park. Adult tickets valid on the 200 to/from Wilmslow as well. Buses run daily to/from Viewing Park.

http://www.howards-travel.co.uk/200.pdf
http://www.systemonetravelcards.co.uk/pu...etwork.pdf
Confusion at Knutsford bus station last night. Cheshire East had updated the times on the bus stands for the timetable change starting on Monday which meant some people (presumably who'd checked the times on the stands earlier) turned up for a non-existent 17:15 Knutsford to Macclesfield bus. A 'helpful' Arriva driver who was taking the 17:45 88 service phoned someone who informed him they wouldn't be able to get a direct bus. If I'd remembered the bus times I would have told them the bus should be at Macclesfield bus station and would be back at Knutsford at 18:20 but when I tried to remember the bus times I could only think of the old GHA times for Saturday which included a 17:35 Knutsford to Macclesfield, which would have left by then.
V24 HOW was parked up out-of-service at Knutsford bus station at 14:20 today. Given the 27 and 289 bus times presumably it wasn't being used on either of those services and was parked up there before doing a school contract.
V24 was working the 27 in the late afternoon so possibly a vehicle changeover for V23?

(24/10/2016 16:05)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]V24 HOW was parked up out-of-service at Knutsford bus station at 14:20 today. Given the 27 and 289 bus times presumably it wasn't being used on either of those services and was parked up there before doing a school contract.
New here is 100 seat Alexander bodied Leyland Olympian L808SNO ex Fords of Althorne.
[Image: 30522705185_b7b47ba504_z.jpg]20161023_153714 by
Ian Howard
, on Flickr
Reference URL's