Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Howards/Springfield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03/04/2018 08:49)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]If it's available to everyone it has to be registered unless it operates for free or the distance between stops is more than 20? miles.

Apologies if I’m replicating something already on here- I read on a forum somewhere the suggestion that if all passengers are travelling to and from the same destination it doesn’t have to be registered, obviously more intended for private hire/ contracts but also applicable.
(03/04/2018 13:49)djb Wrote: [ -> ]Apologies if I’m replicating something already on here- I read on a forum somewhere the suggestion that if all passengers are travelling to and from the same destination it doesn’t have to be registered, obviously more intended for private hire/ contracts but also applicable.

You don’t have to register a bus service if all of the following apply:
- someone other than you or your agent is responsible for arranging the journey and bringing the passengers together
- the journey is not advertised in advance to the general public
- all passengers travel together to or from the same place - eg a school or factory
- passengers pay the same fare no matter how far they travel

I'm pretty sure only two of the four conditions apply for the RVP shuttle, meaning it should be registered.
Is the route entirely on airport property ? - I was quite surprised that the road from Birmingham International station to the Airport is.
The road between the 2 may be public highway, but I'm pretty sure The Station and AVP are MAG property. Does it set down or pick up at any bus stops along the highway?
(03/04/2018 19:51)urmstonian Wrote: [ -> ]The road between the 2 may be public highway, but I'm pretty sure The Station and AVP are MAG property. Does it set down or pick up at any bus stops along the highway?

It only picks up at The Station and AVP. I don't think it would stop en route. There are only 2 stops anyway of which no one ever uses them so not stopping is cheaper for the airport (as it saves on registration costs) I am surprised that the airport aren't running it with their vehicles save contracting it out (just means they couldn't charge as I don't think the airport vehicles have ticket machines). Surely doing it yourself must be cheaper?
So has the viewing park shuttle ended or has it been extended?
It has now finished.

(19/04/2018 10:15)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]So has the viewing park shuttle ended or has it been extended?
Looking at todays registrations, it would seem Howards have lost the Priestly College contract. Not looking good for Howards with the amount of work they are losing. They do lots of private hire but I mean in terms of scheduled service, it isn't looking good. 289, 27, Sankey schools are no longer running, now they have lost Priestly. Though only the P2, P5 and P6 are registered by Network Warrington, the 22 and 19 have amendments from the same date which would say to me the P3 and P4 will just be in the 22 and 19 timetable and get students to change onto the cat buses.
It’s not looking good for them unfortunately. We’ve had a couple of drivers join us from them and they tell the same story. They have an immaculate looking fleet but is this the start of its decline? It’s a very tough industry that’s for sure.
I dont wish it on any company as this industry is going through a very rough time with all the government cuts etc and trying to make a profit as well as keep prices low to attract work is hard.
I think in a few years you will only see the big companies and all these independents gone which i feel sorry for as there just trying to make a living as its only going to get worse.
Reference URL's