Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: In the News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Needed it for years, the Wallasey Tunnel is finally being resurfaced...
http://www.merseytravel.gov.uk/about-us/...unnel.aspx
And we are all going to pay for it when the tolls rise again soon.
You have to admit that the concrete surface inside the tunnel is quite a bone shaker and that a new waterproofed layer and tarmac surface would give a smoother surdace something more akin to the surface in the Birkenhead Tunnel .
I certainly wouldn't argue that it needs doing as it does and has done for a long time, I do however feel sorry for the people that have to drive through the tunnel everyday that are faced with rising tolls yet again.
Do spare a thought for people also that have use the other toll roads in this country.

Dartford Crossing
Severn Bridge
Humber Bridge

To name the most prominent .
Indeed, obviously I was thinking more locally, when the new bridge is done and opened people will have to pay to cross that and the existing Runcorn Bridge as well, so extra costs for those people.
I use the tunnels at least 4 days a week for work. Usually the Wallasey tunnel in the morning and Birkenhead in the evening. The Wallasey is closer to my house, however I prefer to use the Birkenhead as it's a lot smoother. So this is great news that it is being done, but as you say the tolls will probably rise in April because of it :-(
The BBC has a report about 'lonely' bus stops today!
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-26036885
(02/02/2014 20:04)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, obviously I was thinking more locally, when the new bridge is done and opened people will have to pay to cross that and the existing Runcorn Bridge as well, so extra costs for those people.

The target markets are longer distance commuters and logistics operators as Halton residents have been promised a 'significant' discount in the charges though. However, no actual figures have been released as of yet.
(20/02/2014 09:10)DVL418 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02/02/2014 20:04)MPTE1955 Wrote: [ -> ]Indeed, obviously I was thinking more locally, when the new bridge is done and opened people will have to pay to cross that and the existing Runcorn Bridge as well, so extra costs for those people.

The target markets are longer distance commuters and logistics operators as Halton residents have been promised a 'significant' discount in the charges though. However, no actual figures have been released as of yet.

Won't be just Halton Residents using it though will there, people from either side of the bridge will still have to cross it to go work. Despite a significant discount for Halton residents, they are still having to pay something that they are not having to pay for now
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Reference URL's