Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: In the News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Especially one's that have been out on day release before and gone missing before. Quite pathetic.
The one still at large is believed to be lurking around the Southport area. I agree its beyond belief to allow prisoners out on day release who have been sentenced to life after committing such serious crimes and even more so with the fact they have escaped before.
I wonder what the European landscape will look like on Sunday evening , who will have played the better hand this time round ?
So UKIP won the European Elections , I do wonder what that tells both of the major political parties .
David Blunkett will stand down at the next General Election , which will be in May 2015.

He has been MP for Sheffield Brightside and Hillsborough since 1987.

Other notable feats for David Blunkett are :
Youngest ever Leader of Sheffield City Council in 1980.

He is the third in a list of notable Labour Party former cabinet minister's , earlier this year two others announced that they would be standing down as well , they were Jack Straw and Peter Hain.
Rolf Harris has been found guilty at Southwark Crown Court of 12 Charges of Indecent Assault .

He will be sentenced on Friday .
The Open

Due to the likelihood of severe weather tomorrow , The third round of the The Open will now be played from 9am in three balls off two tees one on the front nine and the other starting on the back nine , this is to facilitate all golfers being able to complete there rounds on the same day and not having to play catch up on Sunday.

The leaders weather permitting will be going out from about 11.30

This may actually put an awful lot of pressure on both Merseyrail and The Park and Ride services to be able to cope with a sudden surge of people all at the same time .
Last surviving member of Enola Gay crew that dropped world's first atomic bomb on Hiroshima in 1945 has died in Georgia

Source : BBC News Twitter feed
One question that has started to appear is what happens if the Scottish Referendum produces a Dead Heat . It is a bit far fetched but its not beyond the bounds of probability though.
(16/09/2014 19:58)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]One question that has started to appear is what happens if the Scottish Referendum produces a Dead Heat . It is a bit far fetched but its not beyond the bounds of probability though.

If it had been a dead heat I think independence would not have happened. It would have represented a change without a mandate, so the status quo would have remained (but not the one who sang Caroline, Down Down etc!).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Reference URL's