Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: In the News
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Marvin Lee Aday AKA Meatloaf collapsed on stage at Northern Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton , Alberta , Canada on Thursday evening .

A spokesman for Meatloaf said he collapsed due to severe dehydration.

On the tour of Canada he had already cancelled concerts in Moose Jaw and Calgary.

Get well soon meatloaf.
(17/06/2016 16:09)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Marvin Lee Aday AKA Meatloaf collapsed on stage at Northern Jubilee Auditorium in Edmonton , Alberta , Canada on Thursday evening .

A spokesman for Meatloaf said he collapsed due to severe dehydration.

On the tour of Canada he had already cancelled concerts in Moose Jaw and Calgary.

Get well soon meatloaf.

Hope he's well as fast as a bat out of heaven...
(17/06/2016 16:43)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Hope he's well as fast as a bat out of heaven...

I think you mean "Bat Out of Hell"
Yes, get well soon Meat Loaf. He's a brilliant live performer.
(17/06/2016 16:52)SL64 JDZ Wrote: [ -> ]I think you mean "Bat Out of Hell"

Pretty sure bats fall from the sky faster than they fall from the ground. I should know as my cat had a bat in it's chops. Anyway Meatloaf is now in a stable condition.
After Batley & Spen MP Jo Cox was murdered on Thursday, official campaigning in the EU referendum was suspended by both camps. It is due to resume tomorrow, and Parliament will be recalled on Monday to pay tribute to her.

I admit to finding this news distressing along with everyone else. The fact that the suspected culprit is already being charged is no consolation. Her sister Kim gave a touching tribute speech to Jo today and appreciated all our good wishes to their family.

Wednesday will be a day to pay tribute to Jo, born Helen Joanne Leadbeater, as she was born on Saturday June 22nd 1974, meaning it would have been her 42th birthday.
(18/06/2016 21:38)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]After Batley & Spen MP Jo Cox was murdered on Thursday, official campaigning in the EU referendum was suspended by both camps. It is due to resume tomorrow, and Parliament will be recalled on Monday to pay tribute to her.

I admit to finding this news distressing along with everyone else. The fact that the suspected culprit is already being charged is no consolation. Her sister Kim gave a touching tribute speech to Jo today and appreciated all our good wishes to their family.

Wednesday will be a day to pay tribute to Jo, born Helen Joanne Leadbeater, as she was born on Saturday June 22nd 1974, meaning it would have been her 42th birthday.

Some very sad news and an extremely difficult the family of the MP Jo Cox must be having. But what her suspected killer came out with when asked his name, shocked me. 'Death to traitors, Freedom for Britain' he said. When asked his name and date of birth, he was silent.
He may have been radicalised or very right-winged as the MP was looking to stay in the EU. But whatever his reasoning he's taken a life of a mum, daughter and a sister and I'm sure Jo Cox has left many friends behind too.
(19/06/2016 06:20)RedPanda Wrote: [ -> ]Some very sad news and an extremely difficult the family of the MP Jo Cox must be having. But what her suspected killer came out with when asked his name, shocked me. 'Death to traitors, Freedom for Britain' he said. When asked his name and date of birth, he was silent.
He may have been radicalised or very right-winged as the MP was looking to stay in the EU. But whatever his reasoning he's taken a life of a mum, daughter and a sister and I'm sure Jo Cox has left many friends behind too.

No longer having Jo around will indeed be hard for friends and family, potentially affecting her children most.

Jo did much help for international charities, and did not have a career ambition as such to be an MP but just the opportunity and honour to represent her home patch of Batley & Spen.
(19/06/2016 19:58)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]No longer having Jo around will indeed be hard for friends and family, potentially affecting her children most.

Jo did much help for international charities, and did not have a career ambition as such to be an MP but just the opportunity and honour to represent her home patch of Batley & Spen.

reading and hearing what she did for her local community, she was different to other politicians who look at their career more than their community.
The following MP's have been killed whilst in office :

Airey Neave (1979)

Robert Bradford (1981)

Edgar Graham (1983)

Sir Anthony Berry (1984)

Ian Gow (1990)

and now added to the list

Jo Cox (2016)
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34
Reference URL's