Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Yesterday i got the Red Rocket Service, Was on the 10am from Preston that was operated by SPD W371 VHB That was only doing around 45MPH on the Motorway and slowed down to about 15-20mph while climbing Hills, When we got of in Manchester the Driver told me and the other Passengers (there was 3 of us in total) that we would see us at half 4 (knowing that Dart should of operated the Half 3 Trip) Later while i was Bus Spotting in Manchester to pass the time for the return trip i found the Dart parked up by the Manchester City Ground, When i got the return trip it was indeed the same Bus again (9 Passengers in total)

It now looks like that are only operating the 10am Trip from Preston and the half 4 trip from Manchester, Very poor show indeed...
(10/12/2015 14:19)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Yesterday i got the Red Rocket Service, Was on the 10am from Preston that was operated by SPD W371 VHB That was only doing around 45MPH on the Motorway and slowed down to about 15-20mph while climbing Hills, When we got of in Manchester the Driver told me and the other Passengers (there was 3 of us in total) that we would see us at half 4 (knowing that Dart should of operated the Half 3 Trip) Later while i was Bus Spotting in Manchester to pass the time for the return trip i found the Dart parked up by the Manchester City Ground, When i got the return trip it was indeed the same Bus again (9 Passengers in total)

It now looks like that are only operating the 10am Trip from Preston and the half 4 trip from Manchester, Very poor show indeed...

Just looked on thier website and it still states there are 4 departures from Manchester, one as you said at 15.30 and one at 16.30.
It's a bit of a joke that there still advertising a timetable that there clearly not operating too. Presumably the driver is being paid to sit around in Manchester all day?
(10/12/2015 23:43)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Just looked on thier website and it still states there are 4 departures from Manchester, one as you said at 15.30 and one at 16.30.
It's a bit of a joke that there still advertising a timetable that there clearly not operating too. Presumably the driver is being paid to sit around in Manchester all day?

I think its a disgrace that they are not operating the Timetable they are displaying as how are the general public meant to use it otherwise, I think its only a matter of time before that Red Rocket is pulled fully, Its a shame as getting the Red Rocket is a change to the norm and the Driver seemed a decent bloke
(11/12/2015 01:17)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I think its a disgrace that they are not operating the Timetable they are displaying as how are the general public meant to use it otherwise, I think its only a matter of time before that Red Rocket is pulled fully, Its a shame as getting the Red Rocket is a change to the norm and the Driver seemed a decent bloke

I think from a legal point of view there doing nothing wrong as it's not registered and they could claim the times are a rough guide but from the consumer/passengers point of view its very wrong. From what I saw of thier red rocket website it invited you to buy your tickets online, so a punter buys his/her ticket online and plans to travel to Machester at 11am then catch the 15:30 return trip home. To be told by the driver as you reach Manchester that there will be no return journey until 16:30 is utterly wrong regardless of how nice the driver is.
Well i went to photo the half 4 trip of Manchester this afternoon, No show, If they are not prepared to operate a Service then they should just do 1 as its not fair on the general Passenger
(11/12/2015 17:47)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]I think from a legal point of view there doing nothing wrong as it's not registered and they could claim the times are a rough guide but from the consumer/passengers point of view its very wrong. From what I saw of thier red rocket website it invited you to buy your tickets online, so a punter buys his/her ticket online and plans to travel to Machester at 11am then catch the 15:30 return trip home. To be told by the driver as you reach Manchester that there will be no return journey until 16:30 is utterly wrong regardless of how nice the driver is.

On a legal point of view, could trading standards not get involved, if they advertise the service, but make no attempt to run the advertised service?
(11/12/2015 21:54)robertclark125 Wrote: [ -> ]On a legal point of view, could trading standards not get involved, if they advertise the service, but make no attempt to run the advertised service?

Potentially yes they could if enough people make a complaint. The way I see it is thier encouraging punters to book tickets on the pretence that they operate a certain amount of trips per day and it's clear there not operating all of the trips. Obviously the big concern is that someone may travel to Manchester on a return ticket and be left stranded as non of the return journeys actually run.

The people behind this operation seem to be playing at running buses. They haven't got an ounce of reliability about them.
(11/12/2015 21:49)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]Well i went to photo the half 4 trip of Manchester this afternoon, No show, If they are not prepared to operate a Service then they should just do 1 as its not fair on the general Passenger

So potentially today's driver might have told his handful of passengers as they alighted this morning 'see you at half 3' rather than 4.30 lol
(11/12/2015 23:40)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]So potentially today's driver might have told his handful of passengers as they alighted this morning 'see you at half 3' rather than 4.30 lol

Did not consider that one lol
Quite surprised with the standard of operation of this route considering the firm have heavily invested in an intense advertising campaign if Preston based radio station 97.4 Rock FM.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Reference URL's