Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Oakwood Travel (Classic Bus North West)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
(29/01/2018 20:35)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like Catch-22 is going to be around for a while longer if their Facebook page is anything to go by:

We have received confirmation today that Her Majesty's Court of Appeal has granted permission to appeal against a decision to revoke our operator licence and to 'stay' the revocation and disqualification orders until determination of the appeal.
The order, by Rt. Hon Lady Justice Asplin determined that "there is a real prospect of success on the appeal in relation to whether the conduct taken into account was "relevant".
Effectively, this means it is "business as usual" until the outcome of the Court of Appeal hearing.
On a related matter, a retired High Court judge has now been appointed to investigate the complaint of misconduct against the former Senior Traffic Commissioner made in March 2015 and further escalated in November 2016. His inquiry will commence on 01 February.
Thanks for that, I did look at the Facebook page the other day but there was nothing on about the appeal, the visit to Blackpool for C22B's operations is not quite as urgent now
Manchester Bus Tours Ltd have just registered a sightseeing bus route in Birmingham!
Sightseeing Leeds seems like it hasn't yet started despite the registered date being 22nd May. It has no website and the Sightseeingbus.co.uk website says 'coming soon'. On another note, the boss of Sightseeing Manchester has been advertising for 1 tour guide based in Chester which leads me to believe, a registration will soon be in place for a tour in Chester. It is interesting to note that the registration has all the vehicles based in Darwen. Isn't there meant to be one operating centre in each traffic area in which your service is registered and the operating centre should be where the buses are normally based? Birmingham and Leeds tours are not in the North West traffic area nor are they near the operating centre? No one with a brain would make a bus in Darwen run NIS to Birmingham everyday for essentially 5h work to then come back. It just doesn't happen surely.
(01/06/2018 01:17)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]Sightseeing Leeds seems like it hasn't yet started despite the registered date being 22nd May. It has no website and the Sightseeingbus.co.uk website says 'coming soon'. On another note, the boss of Sightseeing Manchester has been advertising for 1 tour guide based in Chester which leads me to believe, a registration will soon be in place for a tour in Chester. It is interesting to note that the registration has all the vehicles based in Darwen. Isn't there meant to be one operating centre in each traffic area in which your service is registered and the operating centre should be where the buses are normally based? Birmingham and Leeds tours are not in the North West traffic area nor are they near the operating centre? No one with a brain would make a bus in Darwen run NIS to Birmingham everyday for essentially 5h work to then come back. It just doesn't happen surely.

Where's the extra buses for these services?? I know he's bought another open top Trident - which is still in the previous operators livery in his yard, and he's just acquired a former Stagecoach open top Olympian again still in Stagecoach colours.

As to the operating centres. Are the Manchester vehicles driven too and from Blackpool for use in Manchester or are they stored locally in Manchester?
(02/06/2018 06:08)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the extra buses for these services?? I know he's bought another open top Trident - which is still in the previous operators livery in his yard, and he's just acquired a former Stagecoach open top Olympian again still in Stagecoach colours.

As to the operating centres. Are the Manchester vehicles driven too and from Blackpool for use in Manchester or are they stored locally in Manchester?
I don't know ow where the buses are coming from. I only saw the job advert.

The tours are under Manchester Bus Tours LTD not Catch22. I would assume the Blackpool buses are kept in Blackpool under Catch22 licence.

The Manchester tours have their operations centre as Darwen. I am unsure on whether the buses stay there or not.
(02/06/2018 06:08)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]Where's the extra buses for these services?? I know he's bought another open top Trident - which is still in the previous operators livery in his yard, and he's just acquired a former Stagecoach open top Olympian again still in Stagecoach colours.

They are parked in Trafford Park, i think near to the Coronation Street set.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Easi+Ri...fford+Park
(02/06/2018 18:24)Citibus Wrote: [ -> ]They are parked in Trafford Park, i think near to the Coronation Street set.

https://www.flickr.com/search/?q=Easi+Ri...fford+Park

If that's the case then it's a little naughty of him not to list the Trafford park site as an OC.
Presumably they go back to Blackpool for maintaince etc.
(02/06/2018 07:44)iMarkeh Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know ow where the buses are coming from. I only saw the job advert.

The tours are under Manchester Bus Tours LTD not Catch22. I would assume the Blackpool buses are kept in Blackpool under Catch22 licence.

The Manchester tours have their operations centre as Darwen. I am unsure on whether the buses stay there or not.

Darwen only comes into it because he 'acquired' the operating licence of Easi-Rider buses which was based in Darwen. Presumably he's never bothered to update the licence as there's no mention of OC's etc.

Do we know what the VA is for this licence??
(02/06/2018 20:53)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]If that's the case then it's a little naughty of him not to list the Trafford park site as an OC.
Presumably they go back to Blackpool for maintaince etc.

Does he still have an open top tour of Birmingham registered on a North West licence, as if someone is driving an open top bus between Birmingham and the North West every day?
(03/06/2018 12:15)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]Does he still have an open top tour of Birmingham registered on a North West licence, as if someone is driving an open top bus between Birmingham and the North West every day?

The birmingham and Leeds tours are on the North West licence. I can't see someone travelling such a distance every day to do 4-5 trips?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48
Reference URL's