Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester Community Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/07/2019 12:55)knutstransport Wrote: [ -> ]From TfGM meeting notes:

As part of the recent re-tendering the successful operator wishes to re-number services across Bury and Rochdale with revised timetables as part of a branding exercise to stimulate increased usage. Significant service changes are detailed separately.
The full list of proposed re-numbering is as follows :
434 Rochdale – Castleton to be re-numbered R4
440 Rochdale – Syke to be re-numbered R1
441 Rochdale – Foxholes to be re-numbered R9
443 Rochdale – Norden to be re-numbered R2
442 Rochdale – Norden via Bury Road revised to operate to Bury Monday to Saturday daytime and re-numbered ‘Fast’ & still operating to Norden evenings and Sunday re-numbered R8
446 447 Rochdale – Wallbank to be re-numbered R3
451 Rochdale – Peppermint Bridge to be re-numbered R5
461 Bury - Rochdale to be re-numbered R2
462 Rochdale – Ladyhouse to be re-numbered R6
475 Bury – Heywood to be re-numbered B4
477/ 478 Bury – Ramsbottom to be re-numbered B2
479/487 Bury – Limefield/Nangreaves to be re-numbered B2
494 Bury – Fern Grove to be re-numbered B3

Changes go live from October timetable changes. Could the new operator be Rosso??
(07/07/2019 15:55)Nwales Bus Wrote: [ -> ]Changes go live from October timetable changes. Could the new operator be Rosso??

It does seem a very Transdev thing to do, unless it’s Go North West expanding.
(07/07/2019 03:01)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]The red and white livery with Mct logos is no more. It’s still the ‘local’ identity but HCT want a standard livery throughout its local groups. So the ‘branch’ livery is just that with local fleetnames. If you google Nottingham community transport you will see that some of their Enviros have the same livery.

Tickets is a similar thing. While it’s known as Mct and Manchester community transport both will appear on the tickets until the old Mct brand is phased out.

As far as I am aware Nottingham Community Transport is not connected to HCT
(07/07/2019 22:30)mikestone Wrote: [ -> ]As far as I am aware Nottingham Community Transport is not connected to HCT

Apologies don’t know why I said Nottingham.
I actually meant Bristol community transport, who’s newer Enviro’s carry the same ‘branch’ livery.

https://flic.kr/p/YC1mwi

As part of the recent re-tendering the successful operator wishes to re-number services across Bury and Rochdale with revised timetables as part of a branding exercise to stimulate increased usage. Significant service changes are detailed separately.
442 Rochdale – Norden via Bury Road revised to operate to Bury Monday to Saturday daytime and re-numbered ‘Fast’ & still operating to Norden evenings and Sunday re-numbered R8

Where can you find these meeting notes? You used to go on the GMCA site but it doesn't show any new meetings.
Can I ask please if manchester community transport still have the short wheelbase dart DK56LWJ.

I used to drive it when the vehicle was part of the pcv fleet when it was leased by wirral community transport for the radonneur part of the company.

It was a damn good bus when we had it and rarely broke down if at all. Everytime I turned up for duty I used to look and see if it was in the depot or find out if it was on my route for which its wheelbase was ideal.

Can someone post the link to this meeting please
(08/07/2019 19:45)NorthernCounties Wrote: [ -> ]Can someone post the link to this meeting please

Here you go:

https://www.gmcameetings.co.uk/download/...us_network
(08/07/2019 14:44)313201 Wrote: [ -> ]Can I ask please if manchester community transport still have the short wheelbase dart DK56LWJ.

I used to drive it when the vehicle was part of the pcv fleet when it was leased by wirral community transport for the radonneur part of the company.

It was a damn good bus when we had it and rarely broke down if at all. Everytime I turned up for duty I used to look and see if it was in the depot or find out if it was on my route for which its wheelbase was ideal.

Yes it’s still in daily use here and is still probably one of the most reliable in the fleet. It was prepped for paint and then ended up going back into service so looks a bit worse for wear but is a cracking bus.
Nicknamed ‘the bath tub’ because of its aqua blue interior.
Ex First Manchester Freebus Solo YJ60KCG has tonight joined the fleet after extensive refurbishment at Stagecoach Birkenhead/optare over the last few months.
It’s in the same Green/silver tfgm hybrid livery as the others and looks very smart. I believe others cascaded from the free bus services will eventually follow.

Also the 3 Versa’s that were used by Mct on the Stockport 300 Metroshuttle service will be retained and used on newly gained school contracts in Stockport and Bolton (yes Bolton). They should gain the standard green/silver livery as they will be used on normal work between schools.
Reference URL's