Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester Community Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09/08/2014 16:44)SF07 Wrote: [ -> ]Hadn't heard or read anything about it until I saw this photo on Flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74758736@N08/14672123790

MCT operation on route 300 tends to be a mix of white Enviro200s with MCT in red, and existing MPDs like the one pictured.

I forgot to say 2 weeks ago that I rode the 2020 journey on route 22 out of Stockport bus station. I hoped it would be a Hybrid Solo SR, although occasional Enviro200s operate, but it was actually a TfGM Hybrid Versa off the Oldham Metroshuttle.
(09/08/2014 22:02)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]MCT operation on route 300 tends to be a mix of white Enviro200s with MCT in red, and existing MPDs like the one pictured.

I forgot to say 2 weeks ago that I rode the 2020 journey on route 22 out of Stockport bus station. I hoped it would be a Hybrid Solo SR, although occasional Enviro200s operate, but it was actually a TfGM Hybrid Versa off the Oldham Metroshuttle.

I would imagine long term MCT would need to use dedicated vehicles with Metrshuttle branding.

One thing I will say in criticism of MCT is that their buses don't seem to get a wash daily. Infact the vehicles used in Ashton are normally filthy first thing in the morning which dosen't look good, other smaller indies seem to have no problem turning out clean vehicles.
Looks like some of the Optare Versas that were used on the Metroshuttle 1 in Manchester are now being used for Stockport's Metroshuttle

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74758736@N08/14819819298
(23/08/2014 10:50)SF07 Wrote: [ -> ]Looks like some of the Optare Versas that were used on the Metroshuttle 1 in Manchester are now being used for Stockport's Metroshuttle

https://www.flickr.com/photos/74758736@N08/14819819298

I have also seen this Versa, but it is the only one I've seen so far. I expect others to follow.
Do MCT still have the 2/3 Tridents and the Olympian? If so what are they normally used for.

I presume the shuttle they operated in Tamside is long finished yet I've read no reports of them moving on.
(30/08/2014 21:00)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]The shuttle in Tamside (sic) - only teasing, makes a change from a bogus "h" being added to its name - was indeed a temporary service between school sites in Denton. However, I think at least two of the Tridents (and occ. Olympian R115 XNO) work school contracts in the borough, possibly for Audenshaw High (my alma mata, as our American cousins would say). They regularly ran through North Reddish around 1600hrs on the way back to the depot. Of course, the contracts may have changed for the new school year, and the Olympian is now too old for TFGM contracts anyway.

Haha how embarrassing a Tamesider who carn't correctly spell it lol. In my defence I've recently updated the software on my iPhone and it has some crazy ways of spelling well known words. I do normally read back through and correct any mistakes but infuriating as it is the phone can change them back again Angry

I haven't been over to your side of Tameside for a good while, Dentionan, so have obviously missed them but I'll have to track them down once the school term starts. I spotted them soon after they were acquired and they were still in London red - have MCT painted them or are they using them as they are?
(31/08/2014 09:48)Dentonian Wrote: [ -> ]iirc, at least one is red and one yellow - can't remember the third one. At a guess, if they've retained the contracts, the red one(s) might have been repainted yellow over the Summer.

So do they have 2 or 3 Tridents?
I'm sure originally they acquired 2 Tridents and the Olympian as a spare but then I read reports that they had a third Trident - but thier seemed to be confusion over wether infact the third Trident was the NHS bus.

Presumably if they have been painted yellow the chances are they won't see any normal passenger use.
They have 3 tridents (inc NHS) and an olympian
MCT Travel's double deckers are normally parked outside the unit they use and can be seen on passing trains going to/from Stockport
Because their depot's doors aren't big enough lol
Reference URL's