Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester Community Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does anyone know details of the South Manchester services such as the 18, 44 and X5, such as who may be picking up these?
(20/02/2020 01:10)dounowhoiam Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone know details of the South Manchester services such as the 18, 44 and X5, such as who may be picking up these?

There won’t be any details as yet. TFGM like the rest of us were only informed today so I would imagine it will be a good few weeks before the information as to who’s running what becomes public.
I know MCT run 391/392 Stockport-Macclesfield tender but is it a TfGM tender or a Cheshire East tender? Either way I wonder if High Peak might get these back.

Regarding other routes I've heard that Stagecoach could be interested in 159 & 419 routes which will probably be run out of Middleton Depot which could explain them coming off 415 service as this will free up 2 buses during the day.

I wonder if Arriva will go after 18 considering they've operated it before or maybe Diamond could get it considering they operate other routes round Trafford.

One thing I have heard is that Oldham have got 408 Oldham-Shaw service back but also heard that they are not interested in taking anything else (minibus workwise) back on at this time.

Actually looking at the list of routes MCT currently operate after the changes in April there's not that many routes that will actually need covering and some could go to operators that run them during the day for example Sunday 197s and evening 237s could easily go back to Stagecoach, I wonder if they will go for X5 considering they operated it originally.
(20/02/2020 06:50)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I know MCT run 391/392 Stockport-Macclesfield tender but is it a TfGM tender or a Cheshire East tender? Either way I wonder if High Peak might get these back.

Regarding other routes I've heard that Stagecoach could be interested in 159 & 419 routes which will probably be run out of Middleton Depot which could explain them coming off 415 service as this will free up 2 buses during the day.

I wonder if Arriva will go after 18 considering they've operated it before or maybe Diamond could get it considering they operate other routes round Trafford.

One thing I have heard is that Oldham have got 408 Oldham-Shaw service back but also heard that they are not interested in taking anything else (minibus workwise) back on at this time.

Actually looking at the list of routes MCT currently operate after the changes in April there's not that many routes that will actually need covering and some could go to operators that run them during the day for example Sunday 197s and evening 237s could easily go back to Stagecoach, I wonder if they will go for X5 considering they operated it originally.

391/2 is a CEC tender. Although someone might have to explain to them again, what a bus is, as they seem to forget regularly,
All routes MCT current won and are keeping under the tendering process, will be handed back to TfGM to be re-tendered. No routes are simply being passed to other operators
(20/02/2020 06:50)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if Arriva will go after 18 considering they've operated it before or maybe Diamond could get it considering they operate other routes round Trafford.

Both the changes to the cinema 18 (Arriva) and X5, 197 and 237 (Stagecoach) would make them much more popular again due to people in these areas typically buying operator only tickets.

It will be interesting to see if anything is going to be mentioned in the TfGM meeting tomorrow, or if we will have to wait for the 13th March. Just in case you are not aware they broadcast them on YouTube:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmMe38k...IEJViNbv2A
(20/02/2020 03:38)Mayneway Wrote: [ -> ]There won’t be any details as yet. TFGM like the rest of us were only informed today so I would imagine it will be a good few weeks before the information as to who’s running what becomes public.

No, TfGM have been well informed about MCT's woes, and the decision to close will not be any great surprise, see Phil Stockley's post in thread below;

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/man...se.200694/
(20/02/2020 06:50)M60lad Wrote: [ -> ]I know MCT run 391/392 Stockport-Macclesfield tender but is it a TfGM tender or a Cheshire East tender? Either way I wonder if High Peak might get these back.

Just wondering, where did you get information that Stagecoach giving up 415? I can’t find anything on TFGM website or VOSA. Thanks
(20/02/2020 08:26)KXW212 Wrote: [ -> ]391/2 is a CEC tender. Although someone might have to explain to them again, what a bus is, as they seem to forget regularly,

Seems to be a cursed route. The Poynton section was formerly the P1 under GHA so it's the third time it's suffered as the result of the contract going to the lowest bidder - Selwyns losing it due to using vehicles which were smaller than the contract specified and now MCT.
(20/02/2020 10:18)Winston Wrote: [ -> ]No, TfGM have been well informed about MCT's woes, and the decision to close will not be any great surprise, see Phil Stockley's post in thread below;

https://www.railforums.co.uk/threads/man...se.200694/

Interesting. We were told MCT had a meeting with TFGM on Monday to make them aware of the situation.
Reference URL's