Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Manchester Community Transport
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07/10/2016 11:28)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]I was getting told about this the other day, My friend said MCT have had a few Ops Disks taken off them

That dosen't sound good. They have picked up additional work in a few weeks it begs the question will yheu be able to operate all their contracts?
I'm assuming they have lost disks due to maintaince issues??
It is a situation worth watching, The only reason i can think of for the company not having enough Ops Disks is that the TC has taken a few off them, I really cant think of anything else, My friend did say Fleet standard was a problem but am not 100 Percent on that
(07/10/2016 14:29)T42 PVM Wrote: [ -> ]It is a situation worth watching, The only reason i can think of for the company not having enough Ops Disks is that the TC has taken a few off them, I really cant think of anything else, My friend did say Fleet standard was a problem but am not 100 Percent on that

I can vouch for that. They seem to have become a cross of a JPT with buses held together with gaffer tape and multi coloured bumpers and UK North with a vast number of non british speaking drivers with little or no regard for the Highway Code or running to the times stated on the running board.

The worrying part is that according to thier website they offer to maintain other bus and coach company fleets an also train drivers in various aspects yet they carnt get it right themselves.
I see in the latest TfGM route changes that they are taking over a little extra work, such as routes 84 & 169 on Sundays.
http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx
(08/10/2016 22:40)Metroline1511 Wrote: [ -> ]I see in the latest TfGM route changes that they are taking over a little extra work, such as routes 84 & 169 on Sundays.
http://www.tfgm.com/buses/Pages/service_changes.aspx

It's a little worrying but it seems to be Mon-Fri daytime that thier struggling, presumsbly they 'should' have enough disks for this extra work I don't think the Stockport Metroshuttle runs on Sundays so it may be a little bit of pressure off for now.
Stockport Metroshuttle does run during the day on Sundays, running between 10.30am and 5pm.

http://www.tfgm.com/Corporate/Documents/...huttle.pdf
The standard of training here seems to be diabolical, I've bumped into a new driver today twice on the 44 and 18 respectively and he seemed to have minimal sense of direction and know how of setting the blinds. This and the current joke of fleet state looks like another JPT scenario, running themselves into the ground!
I noticed one of there tfgm funded solo sr was running around with a bald front tyre on the 44 last week , so there maintenance is far from there main priority i think personally.
They are seriously struggling and personally think they have taken on to much work to cope with.
From what I understand they pay a lot less than stagecoach and first and even some of the smaller ops so drivers tend to end up there when no one else will have them - this was a major issue with JPT. There's no dedication or love for the job and certainly training and customer service are non exsistant.
There seems to be a high number of polish drivers at the firm who's driving standards leave a lot to be desired, little English is spoken and understood and in some cases it makes buying a ticket virtually impossible.

If I was a betting man I'd say this will be the next firm to go bump leaving TFGM with a huge headache of emergency tenders to sort again.
I've noticed in Manchester that their buses say MCT Travel, so they trade as Manchester Community Transport Travel?
Reference URL's