Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Virgin Trains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Electric trains to Blackpool could influence future Party Conferences , one of the biggest bugbears for delegates was if they was coming by railway was changing at Preston.

Preston is one of the least changed stations on the Virgin Trains network.
Preston also isn't the most accessible if you have luggage. In all my years of journeying through there, I only discovered where the lifts are located last year and it has to be said, if you use them it doesn't give you the best impression of the station.
North Wales Coast services are diverted via the Middlewich branch this weekend.
Virgin Trains have abolished Friday afternoon peak hour due to overcrowding.
Oddly the press release mentions claims reduced overcrowding on the 19.00 to Manchester as the first off-peak train, ignoring the two Friday only departures.
(02/11/2018 08:05)childwallblues Wrote: [ -> ]Virgin Trains have abolished Friday afternoon peak hour due to overcrowding.

If anything this has continued longer than I expected. I thought it was only going to be for the summer.
I am convinced it was introduced in the hope that they would be able to point to gross overcrowding on trains around 17.00 and scupper any suggestion of doing away with peak restrictions in any forthcoming general fares re-organisation.
The May 2019 timetable is available on RTT.

http://www.realtimetrains.co.uk/search/a...wtt&toc=VT
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Reference URL's