Forum | Merseyside Dennis Dart Website

Full Version: Virgin Trains
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
As was said in comments section, it's going to be a challenge to keep the signal going given how patchy 3g/Mobile signals can be on the Pendolinos.
(17/03/2016 07:06)St Helens Rider Wrote: [ -> ]As was said in comments section, it's going to be a challenge to keep the signal going given how patchy 3g/Mobile signals can be on the Pendolinos.

Indeed,was thinking similarly
Dont you think the set involved willhave a very enhanced signal system onboard it for this event .
The East Coast Class 800 and 801 sets are to be known as 'Azuma', the Japanese word for 'east'. A nice nod to their Japanese heritage and a choice that complements the 'Pendolino' name quite well in my book.

https://www.virgintrainseastcoast.com/ne...ouncement/
Major delays tonight due to signalling problems between Crewe and Stoke, made worse by the line through Stafford being closed
Virgin Trains have now updated their Delay/Repay scheme to automatically pay compensation automatically in cash.
Yesterday my train was 17 minutes late into Euston. This morning I had an e-mail telling me that I was to get £5.28 in compensation and this afternoon it was sent to my bank.
Some TOC's under the delay repay will fall over eventually , it wont happen straight away but it will happen.
(07/04/2016 18:33)wirralbus Wrote: [ -> ]Some TOC's under the delay repay will fall over eventually , it wont happen straight away but it will happen.
Fall over? What does that mean?
The regime of Delay Repay is going to be penal to some operator's especially the longer distance operators like the former inter city routes .

All that delay repay does is cause there to be arguments probably at controller level between Network Rail and the train operating companies . it doesn't fix the root cause of the delay.
Oh what a 12 hours Virgin Trains have had .

Firstly yesterdays 1Z34 charter from Carlisle to Newport suffers a hot axlebox somewhere between Hartford and winsford and after inspection was only allowed to proceed into Winsford loop at 3mph , causing major delays to everything behind.

Then this morning an overnight engineering possession was late in being given up and a freight train failure
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22
Reference URL's