Current time: 19/03/2024, 09:57 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(07/04/2016 07:36)childwallblues Wrote:  In Liverpool it could be to do with route 86 which has very high student loadings.

Arriva also don't operate the 86C (Due to the 75/78) but do operate the 699 and Stagecoach also run Hope Uni Shuttles which complicates things
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
The changes to the x8 are that its rerouted via chester zoo & their will be extra short journeys between chester zoo & chester station, info from Cheshire west council website
Surely that takes away its express appeal??
(07/04/2016 17:47)mtl97 Wrote:  The changes to the x8 are that its rerouted via chester zoo & their will be extra short journeys between chester zoo & chester station, info from Cheshire west council website

I wonder if the 1 will be taken out of the zoo as with X8 there be too many buses in the zoo
(07/04/2016 17:53)N271CKB Wrote:  Surely that takes away its express appeal??

It probably also probably removes the use of the M53 to get to the Zoo which has been the cause of some major delays in recent times between the Hoole Road motorway Junction and Cheshire Oaks / M56 Junction.

This either is a good move or a desperate move to get passengers to use it , which one is open to debate.
That's interesting about the X8. Running it via the zoo would allow Stagecoach to re-route the 1 & possibly save a diagram. Don't forget the long layover service 1 buses currently have in Chester.

I doubt it will take that much longer & a bonus will be that it shouldn't get as bogged down in traffic around Cheshire Oaks at peak times. At least one contributor on here has cited the issues getting off the M53 & round the Oaks which cause issues occasionally.

I'm also hoping it will stop by the shops at Long Lane, Upton as well as I could get on the darned thing there!!
(07/04/2016 05:10)r411 xfl Wrote:  It is an agreement between us and arrriva over the student tickets both of us dont accept each others student tickets.
Only accept day, weekly, monthly tickets

That changed last summer when Stagecoach started accepting Arrivas weekly M Tickets. The student cards work on Stagecoach machines. Well they do on the 14s and 10As anyway. The only thing Stagecoach dont accept now is Arrivas monthly M Ticket.
This is a minefield of what can and cant be used as all the different QBP seem to have differing ticket rules.
On the 1/2 QBP the only arriva passes that are not accepted are any deeside, Chester, or Chester plus zone passes. This is an on going dispute with arriva and have been instructed not to accept under any circumstances. We accept all M-Tickets (zone permitting) as far as I'm aware.

Arriva student cards are accepted however do not work on our machines.

I am no longer active on this forum.
Out of interest what ticket machines do both Arriva and Stagecoach use ?

User(s) browsing this thread: 17 Guest(s)