Current time: 19/03/2024, 02:49 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
GHA you mean .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(28/03/2016 18:28)wirralbus Wrote:  GHA you mean .

I think we all know the answer to that!

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
I witnessed a stagecoach gold Enviro300 take the front end off a taxi at the bottom of Queen square earlier on and the stagecoach bus just carried on without even stopping and not sure how he didnt know he took the front end off the taxi as it didnt half make a bang.
(28/03/2016 17:47)wirralbus Wrote:  A service every hour on that service might be a turn off for some passengers who want that slightly faster run into Chester but find the service 2 loop via Hope Farm and associated roads to hard to bare .

I agree. A half hourly fast service between Chester & Ellesmere Port is surely profitable. There are quite a few people (myself included) who will wait for an X2. The market is there, it's just that Arriva aren't getting the cash sales on their diagram. It doesn't help that the Arriva diagram seems to be based on one shift, with no early service from Chester & a lack of a 17:57 from Ellesmere Port (a service I would use frequently if it existed).

Im hoping that Stagecoach will operate the service half hourly, but we will have to wait and see.
Surely if Arriva cant get this diagram to be profitable enough , there is something wrong in this partnership which was originally signed by the predecessor operator First Group.

Perhaps its time for a redraw of this partnership .
A partnership should extend beyond simply sharing the actual route itself - it should also be a collaboration on fares and incentives for prospective passengers. I was speaking to somebody high up in Stagecoach management recently who said that their competition is not other operators, but car owners. I feel that any partnership should be a 50/50 peak time split (run-ins and outs can be skewed to the convenience of the operator) but that there should be a common fare structure between the operators. That would give both operators a roughly even split of the takings and then their own operating efficiency will dictate their own share in profits. Obviously, given Stagecoach's apparent domination of the Wirral & Chester QBPs, they won't be too happy to start charging the same fares as Arriva and thus lose out on the profit that they are generating, but it is in the best interests of the customer to have both operators actually collaborating, rather than battling it out between each other for the larger share of customers which then leads to artificially high loadings on the morning services when pass holders wait for Stagecoach buses in order to save a few quid on a week pass.

This also ties in with my long-term gripe of Stagecoach not accepting Arriva student tickets on their Liverpool QBPs - it is not a partnership if you disregard a large proportion of your partner's customers!.. but that is an argument for another day!
It is an agreement between us and arrriva over the student tickets both of us dont accept each others student tickets.
Only accept day, weekly, monthly tickets
(07/04/2016 05:10)r411 xfl Wrote:  It is an agreement between us and arrriva over the student tickets both of us dont accept each others student tickets.
Only accept day, weekly, monthly tickets

The little square Arriva student tickets we accept on 1/2 and 471/2 no other Arriva student fare accepted
(07/04/2016 05:44)E208 WBG Wrote:  The little square Arriva student tickets we accept on 1/2 and 471/2 no other Arriva student fare accepted

Both operators accept each others student tickets in Wirral & Chester, just not Liverpool. It is ridiculous. It isn't a partnership if they pick & choose which customers to serve and which to leave standing at a bus stop.
In Liverpool it could be to do with route 86 which has very high student loadings.

All time rail mileage travelled 327264 miles

User(s) browsing this thread: 14 Guest(s)