Current time: 24/04/2024, 23:24 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
(21/01/2016 11:14)Enviro400 Wrote:  The only other route would be to take the M53 to Clatterbridge and try to nick passengers from the 487/464 route, or take the old 488 route along Mount Road into Bebington and then along Borough Road into Birkenhead - that would be around the same milage, but would be met with more traffic and would probably not be much quicker, if at all.

Do that and attack the 487 /464 routes and i'm sure Stagecoach would find them being retaliated at.

Leaving the route as it is along the A41 makes more sense .
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(21/01/2016 11:15)Enviro400 Wrote:  It'd be interesting though something like that - because SC have not challenged Arriva or Avon in this area at all, and unless you travel back to Birkenhead, or wait for a 464 to New Ferry, there is no access to Ellesmere Port or Chester from this area whatsoever.

Well with the advent of day tickets completing them sorts of journeys is made more viable than previously , cant see a through service being introduced to them areas.
Tbh I think the X8 should also go via Birkenhead Bus Station then onto its normal route
(21/01/2016 12:59)E208 WBG Wrote:  Tbh I think the X8 should also go via Birkenhead Bus Station then onto its normal route

Rerouting via Birkenhead Bus station would lose its Express Appeal , it needs to avoid Birkenhead at all costs , the service 1 and 2 can deal with the Birkenhead passengers .
According to Stageocoach MCSL Twitter, Rock Ferry garage is getting Wright Streetdeck SL15ZGP demonstrator on loan soon!

https://twitter.com/StagecoachMCSL/statu...5695656960

buses7675
http://dartslf.com/

Light up, light up as if you have a choice,
Even if you cannot hear my voice.
I'll be right beside you dear.
I wonder whether that is for evaluation on the 471/2 .

It will get a foray probably on to a diagram of the 38 as well .

I was too far away for the fleetnumber but there was a gold bus on the 41 this morning.
Just to clear it up, you will not find Stagecoach and Arriva challenging each other on Merseyside or North Wales. Both companies management are really close and infact work together on things.
(21/01/2016 13:40)buses7675 Wrote:  According to Stageocoach MCSL Twitter, Rock Ferry garage is getting Wright Streetdeck SL15ZGP demonstrator on loan soon!

https://twitter.com/StagecoachMCSL/statu...5695656960

Indeed a fitter said its coming on test for 471/2 as it's similar set up to Arriva's hybrids and apparently more reliable than the E400H he did say it's not going to be the only demo
According to a fitter at LS, Arrivas Hybrids have proved to be incredibly unreliable. Often a few can be found in Thomas Hardie Volvo in deeside under repair.

I am no longer active on this forum.
This StreetDeck demo is fleet numbered 80028 it's a Daimler/Voith which seems a unusual combination.

Just had a look at it rather intresting looking bus with glass roof and glass stairwell also it has Mobitec Destinations instead of Hanover Destinations

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)