Current time: 19/04/2024, 04:50 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
The limited stop nature of the X8 can help and hinder .

I think from what ive seen of this route i have not seen any Liverpool -Cheshire Oaks growth that can not be accomodated by the service 1
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Most Drivers on the 1 discourage passingers from Cheshire Oaks to Liverpool from catching the 1, instead highly recommending them to use the X8
Out of interest considering X8 is meant to be an Express/Limited Stop service would it have been quicker for it to use the motorway all the way from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool instead of the route it takes now?
(21/01/2016 07:13)M60lad Wrote:  Out of interest considering X8 is meant to be an Express/Limited Stop service would it have been quicker for it to use the motorway all the way from Ellesmere Port to Liverpool instead of the route it takes now?
Using M53 instead of A41 would mean picking up less passengers,no point

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(21/01/2016 08:31)Penny Return Wrote:  Using M53 instead of A41 would mean picking up less passengers,no point

I have used the X8 on a few occasions and consider the current route to be the best option. Quite a few passengers are picked up and dropped off along the A41 section and now that Stagecoach's real-time app is available, it is now possible to let an all-stops 1 or 2 go past with the knowledge that the X8 is only a minute or two behind.
Using the M53 adds almost 8 miles to the journey too. I doubt buses are the most economical vehicles when running at motorway speeds, so the current route is probably the best option.
(21/01/2016 09:42)Enviro400 Wrote:  Using the M53 adds almost 8 miles to the journey too. I doubt buses are the most economical vehicles when running at motorway speeds, so the current route is probably the best option.

I agree. As a motorist travelling from Liverpool, I always use the A41 rather than the M53 for that reason. Using all of the M53 would, essentially, incur a lot of dead mileage. Leave well alone.
(21/01/2016 10:52)Barney Wrote:  I agree. As a motorist travelling from Liverpool, I always use the A41 rather than the M53 for that reason. Using all of the M53 would, essentially, incur a lot of dead mileage. Leave well alone.

The only other route would be to take the M53 to Clatterbridge and try to nick passengers from the 487/464 route, or take the old 488 route along Mount Road into Bebington and then along Borough Road into Birkenhead - that would be around the same milage, but would be met with more traffic and would probably not be much quicker, if at all.
(21/01/2016 11:14)Enviro400 Wrote:  The only other route would be to take the M53 to Clatterbridge and try to nick passengers from the 487/464 route, or take the old 488 route along Mount Road into Bebington and then along Borough Road into Birkenhead - that would be around the same milage, but would be met with more traffic and would probably not be much quicker, if at all.

It'd be interesting though something like that - because SC have not challenged Arriva or Avon in this area at all, and unless you travel back to Birkenhead, or wait for a 464 to New Ferry, there is no access to Ellesmere Port or Chester from this area whatsoever.
(21/01/2016 09:20)Barney Wrote:  I have used the X8 on a few occasions and consider the current route to be the best option. Quite a few passengers are picked up and dropped off along the A41 section and now that Stagecoach's real-time app is available, it is now possible to let an all-stops 1 or 2 go past with the knowledge that the X8 is only a minute or two behind.

To this date I still don't see the logic of the stops they have picked on the Wirral side .

Replace Port Sunlight Shore Road with Bromborough Pool Village Hotel

Replace Bromborough Magazine Road with Bromborough Cross (for all services not just peak hour services ).

Why Bromborough Cross was not used in the first place was beyond me , in the old days Bromborough Cross was a stop on the X8

User(s) browsing this thread: 3 Guest(s)