Current time: 24/04/2024, 01:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
If anything, they'll be E200MMCs rather than Enviro300s.

Although nothing confirmed from ADL yet, it looks like E200MMC will replace the Enviro300 integral at Euro6, with the Enviro300 then becoming a pure 'body-on-chassis' offering for 3rd party chassis, eg. Scania.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
I have to say I favour Stagecoach to win the contract, as they have a good record running park and rides

(10/01/2015 17:50)wirralbus Wrote:  Its probably a toss up between the two big guns Stagecoach and Arriva , these days the independents don't get a look in when it comes to big work like this .

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
(11/01/2015 10:51)Dentonian Wrote:  Presumably, its down to whoever puts in the cheapest bid.

Some contracting authorities have fallen foul of comingin with taking the lowest bid in other parts of the country and ended up having to retender for the work . There should be a quality and reliability incentive in the contract .

I only say that as I have been a customer / passenger of a park and ride service that fell considerably short of what I would say is a reliable service on the 31 before Christmas .
(11/01/2015 14:03)wirralbus Wrote:  Some contracting authorities have fallen foul of comingin with taking the lowest bid in other parts of the country and ended up having to retender for the work . There should be a quality and reliability incentive in the contract .

I only say that as I have been a customer / passenger of a park and ride service that fell considerably short of what I would say is a reliable service on the 31 before Christmas .

The reliability of that service at the time you have mentioned would not be different with another operator as the problem was traffic. You cannot slate Stagecoach because the bus got held up in traffic. Yes, putting an extra bus on may have helped and this is something Stagecoach learnt from this and had a spare driver the weeks after this event.
Chester's 34601 on the 1 this afternoon
Ex London trident 17549 has shown up, presumably for rails

I am no longer active on this forum.
28538 is undergoing conversion into a trainer in Birkenhead depot

(14/01/2015 20:41)R879 HRF Wrote:  28538 is undergoing conversion into a trainer in Birkenhead depot

V138 DND was not expecting that thought it was still in daily use
(14/01/2015 21:51)E208 WBG Wrote:  V138 DND was not expecting that thought it was still in daily use

Its not been out for a good few months due to lack of heating

Chorleys 18145 is another loan to Rock Ferry, it was on Rails on 16th Jan.

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)