Current time: 28/03/2024, 16:17 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
I do believe they are Enviro 300's. They will be replacing the Volvo B7RLE's and Scania's that are usually on the 1/2 services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Slowly but surely Stagecoach are putting there mark down with there own type of vehicles and slowly eradicating anything that came with the takeover of services from First. I do wonder what will be the last ex first vehicle to go.
Order has not been confirmed yet, but I would not be surprised to see Rock Ferry on there.
(10/01/2015 12:07)wirralbus Wrote:  Slowly but surely Stagecoach are putting there mark down with there own type of vehicles and slowly eradicating anything that came with the takeover of services from First. I do wonder what will be the last ex first vehicle to go.

Cant see Chesters Volvos going anywhere soon. Pretty solid buses and in good condition. I just wonder what will happen to the Park and Ride Volvos when the hybrids replace them or whoever gets the contract next year. Should know by June who gets it.
Its probably a toss up between the two big guns Stagecoach and Arriva , these days the independents don't get a look in when it comes to big work like this .
(10/01/2015 12:07)wirralbus Wrote:  Slowly but surely Stagecoach are putting there mark down with there own type of vehicles and slowly eradicating anything that came with the takeover of services from First. I do wonder what will be the last ex first vehicle to go.

I think it'll be a while before the last ex First vehicle leaves the fleet. There's still around fifty (I think anyway) based around the Merseyside and South Lancashire division and some of them aren't even six years old yet
The operations director doesnt like the Scanias and Volvos being out on the 1 of a night because of the fuel consumption thats why you'll find Enviro200s on it of a night.
(10/01/2015 18:15)Shaun821 Wrote:  The operations director doesnt like the Scanias and Volvos being out on the 1 of a night because of the fuel consumption thats why you'll find Enviro200s on it of a night.

I'm guessing if he doesn't like Scania they will be normal adl 300s (or the new stretched length e200mmc)
(10/01/2015 18:25)Wright Eclipse Wrote:  I'm guessing if he doesn't like Scania they will be normal adl 300s (or the new stretched length e200mmc)

That seems to be the standard single decker in the area so I think they'll probably be integral Enviro300s - the Enviro200 MMC would be an interesting choice though. Best to wait and see I think!
I favour these new buses coming to Rock Ferry. Indeed, some of these current Scania and Volvo B7RLEs are still fairly modern and could survive on other operations. Maybe they could replace Volvo B10Ms (if any remain) or early MAN single-deckers elsewhere.

User(s) browsing this thread: 11 Guest(s)