Current time: 20/04/2024, 08:46 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
(17/08/2014 08:01)Valandil Wrote:  Wayfarers are good tickets.
Though I've had problems with bus drivers not knowing about the tickets and saying they can't be used.
So I tend to think of them as 'train only' tickets now, though it's a bit annoying that you can only use them after 09:30 on weekdays on the train network.

Actually, thinking about it, I've heard that 'off-peak' tickets aren't going to be allowed on trains between e.g. Warrington and Manchester between 16:00 and 18:30 (as well as the current morning restrictions), so I wonder if this extra restriction will apply to the Wayfarer too?

Not quite, the restriction will only apply for journey's wholly within Greater Manchester. Unsure what effect this will have on Wayfarer validity. Also on affects Northern Rail services.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(17/08/2014 09:22)St Helens Rider Wrote:  Not quite, the restriction will only apply for journey's wholly within Greater Manchester. Unsure what effect this will have on Wayfarer validity. Also on affects Northern Rail services.

It does affect certain other journeys (e.g. Warrington Central to Manchester via Earlestown or Birchwood) mentioned here:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-28761038

From the Bolton News, it seems that other operators have to follow Northern Rail's lead.
A First TransPennine Express (FTPE) spokesperson said it was Northern, as the lead route operator, that was responsible for deciding ticket policy but FTPE was obliged to enforce it.
Though really I think this originated with the Department for Transport, who gave Northern Rail a number of options to choose from.

There has been no change on GMPTE's webpage for the Wayfarer, so I can only assume it will continue to be: bus any time, train/tram after 09:30 only (any time weekends).
Minor timetable adjustments available from 1st September available here:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...-september

The changes to 29A/29C will surely mean that there will be changes in what interworks with what.
(26/06/2014 19:18)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  So its official that all of the Darts have now gone. I thought that they were also getting rid of ten of the oldest VDLs too...

Dart 30 (driver training) was in Warrington Bus Station this afternoon (15 October)
Some evidence of lobbying for the reintroduction of an evening service down Lymm way:
http://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/news...s_in_Lymm/
The rumours of timetable changes in January 2015 have now been confirmed through VOSA amendments and a registration.
However it is still too early to say whether or not the rumoured heavy reductions in evening services will be taking place.

Amendments to route, stopping places and timetable from 26th January 2015:
1/2, 20(A)/21(A), 28(A), 45/46

Amendments to timetable only from that date:
3, 5/35, 6, 8(A)/9/10(X), 11(A)/12(A), 13/14/15, 16(A), 18(A), 19, 22, 23(A), 25, 26/27, 30/31/32A

Registration from that date:
26E (sounds like a short version of the 26 curtailed at Cinnamon Brow, but it will be interesting to see how it differs from the 25A)

I don't recall WBT ever having an E-suffixed route before!

Interestingly, nothing has come up on VOSA about the 4A or 29A/29C (yet).
The 17A/17C will probably be staying the same until it gets reviewed at the end of its funding period (when no doubt it will be scaled back).
What happened with WBT pulling off the 45/46 has this been changed again?
(04/12/2014 20:11)E208 WBG Wrote:  What happened with WBT pulling off the 45/46 has this been changed again?

As far as I know, there was never any substance to this and it was based on guesswork around GHA's decision to run the 45 in competition.
Network Warrington has a new MD:
http://www.networkwarrington.co.uk/news/...warrington

Today is the first time their website has been updated in a good few months!
The route and timetable of the 5 is also to change on the 7th December, due to the opening of Altrincham's new Interchange.

User(s) browsing this thread: 6 Guest(s)