Current time: 20/04/2024, 01:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Warrington's Own Buses
RE: WBT Network Warrington
I think if we had access to the terms agreed with the union when strikes went on we might see more of the reasons behind fare increases. WBT's drivers and/or union representatives seem unable to recognise that unless they have a major change of attitude there will come a point where the council will decide enough is enough and that running the town's buses is best left to someone else. Then they'll have plenty of time to contemplate while queuing in the dole office.
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
What rate of pay are NW drivers on?
With the pay rise £9.80
So they are on reasonable money then as its not far behind the big companies and not that far behind halton transport.
Are you privvy to any of the 'work rules' that are in effect there then?
Was quite obvious who it was aimed at. Perhaps you should stick to being TfGM's self-appointed, unpaid compliance officer than trying to act as backseat moderator.
With competition on the 45 starting on Monday, I wonder if GHA will take a liking to Warrington over time.
They always seem to have a knack for spotting a gap in the market.
Halton Transport new drivers start on £9 an hour
I have just been on the Network Warrington website, and seen their Day Rover costs £5. Considering that a Greater Manchester Wayfarer costing £11 is valid on NW buses, I have tended to use a Wayfarer.
(16/08/2014 22:19)Metroline1511 Wrote:  I have just been on the Network Warrington website, and seen their Day Rover costs £5. Considering that a Greater Manchester Wayfarer costing £11 is valid on NW buses, I have tended to use a Wayfarer.

Wayfarers are good tickets.
Though I've had problems with bus drivers not knowing about the tickets and saying they can't be used.
So I tend to think of them as 'train only' tickets now, though it's a bit annoying that you can only use them after 09:30 on weekdays on the train network.

Actually, thinking about it, I've heard that 'off-peak' tickets aren't going to be allowed on trains between e.g. Warrington and Manchester between 16:00 and 18:30 (as well as the current morning restrictions), so I wonder if this extra restriction will apply to the Wayfarer too?

User(s) browsing this thread: 5 Guest(s)