Current time: 24/04/2024, 07:54 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
There was 1 scania on the 38/41/42 this afternoon,not seen 36820-2 yet,wonder if they are still
at Gilmoss

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
(24/01/2013 11:54)polarbear Wrote:  I've had a quick look at the Stagecoach Chester & Wirral site & whilst the new fares are listed, there is no map suggesting where the boundaries of each ticket are. On that basis, I am assuming that the boundaries are remaining the same for the time being (presumably until new ticket machines are installed on all the buses.

That of course means that this;

Old ticket:First Week Network adult @ £18.50
New ticket: Megarider Plus @ £13.50

Won't be valid on Stagecoach services beyond Liverpool.

However, given the current price of the Merseyside Satgecoach Megarider plus of £12.00, I can see the price of that ticket being increased soon & at that point, intergrated with the Wirral & Chester ticketing arrangements.

Liverpool & Wirral Day and Megarider's are just the current Liverpool tickets but with their validity extended over to the Wirral. Day and Megarider Plus tickets are the current Merseyside Plus tickets but with their validity area extended to cover both Wirral and Chester. Basically, any current Gillmoss, Rock Ferry and Chester operated service is covered by the Plus tickets.

(24/01/2013 08:08)bolton bus basher Wrote:  bit of a daft question i know but if it was to buy a day/weekly ticket on the 10A in st helens am i able to get all way to chester on them? thinking about giving it a go

Yes.
Are there any plans to replace the Scanias on 1 & 2 Liverpool-Chester services with anything, I know the Volvo are normally on the route but I do know Scanias find their way onto 1/2s quite regularly or the did when First were still operating the services
Does anyone have the Chester depot address pls....
(25/01/2013 09:21)RSTurbo50 Wrote:  Does anyone have the Chester depot address pls....

Liverpool Road Chester,sorry i do not have the postcode

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(25/01/2013 07:26)M60lad Wrote:  Are there any plans to replace the Scanias on 1 & 2 Liverpool-Chester services with anything, I know the Volvo are normally on the route but I do know Scanias find their way onto 1/2s quite regularly or the did when First were still operating the services

Nothing has been mentioned in the order list for 2013 so I highly doubt it unless something is cascaded in.

The 2002 Bus Blog is about Transport in the North West of England and North Wales however we do venture further afield on some occasions - why not check out our latest content on our Website

My Flickr page can be found Here

Why not also check me out on YouTube - I play a variety of Simulation Games including Euro Truck Simulator 2 and SnowRunner
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Scania's on the 1 and 2 Liverpool - Chester routes isnt this a QBP route , do Scania's comply with this QBP ?
Scanias used on the 1/2 are mainly from Chester depot,this QBP is a load of nonsence,Merseytravel are turning a blind eye to the supposed use of Modern buses

Cheers
Rob Day

Formerly
(25/01/2013 12:29)Penny Return Wrote:  Scanias used on the 1/2 are mainly from Chester depot,this QBP is a load of nonsence,Merseytravel are turning a blind eye to the supposed use of Modern buses

Seems to be common practice for Merseytravel to turn a blind eye to what operators are putting on QBP's. The worst example was when Arriva were putting step entrance Paladin Scanias on the 10A when that QBP first started.
With the 1 and 2 QBP who is the lead party in this particular QBP though as the section outside Merseyside is in the hands of Cheshire West and chester council and they seem to have managed something that is half decent in the blacon pointer QBP scheme .

User(s) browsing this thread: 10 Guest(s)