Current time: 28/03/2024, 23:20 Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stagecoach MCSL - Chester & Wirral Depots
RE: Stagecoach Chester & Wirral
Does anybody know if Stagecoach have teminated the school contracts?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply
Funnily enough, I was going to ask the same, but then past a 226 which answered my question!
(23/01/2013 21:45)N271CKB Wrote:  Funnily enough, I was going to ask the same, but then past a 226 which answered my question!

the only thing is they have them at them moment, but when its the end of term is it then the end of stagecoach running school contracts?

[Image: 28219738595_5f67980003_m.jpg]
They are still runniing merseytravel schools contracts.
I would imagine that Stagecoach will keep running the schools contracts - there's no basis for handing them back.

Not sure when they're up for retender, but even if Stagecoach tell Merseytravel they don't wish to keep operating them, it will probably be the new academic year before we see anything happen....

Remember also though that there will be plenty of Olys coming out of Chorley over summer which could be utilised on MY schools....
I'm surprised no one has noted the new ticket range for Chester & Wirral from this Sunday.

Chester & Ellesmere Port Dayrider £3.50 (replacement for First Chester Day [£3.50] and First Chester & Ellesmere Port Day [£4])
Chester & Ellesmere Port Megarider £12 (down from First's £15)
Liverpool & Wirral Dayrider £3.50 (down from First's £4)
Liverpool & Wirral Megarider £12 (down from First's £15)
Adult Dayrider+ £3.90 (down from First's £4.60)
Child Dayrider+ £3 (down from First's £3.50)
Megarider+ £13.50 (down from First's £18.50)
bit of a daft question i know but if it was to buy a day/weekly ticket on the 10A in st helens am i able to get all way to chester on them? thinking about giving it a go

For Blog Posts Containing all the latest in the local Bus Scene The 2002 Bus Blog
Subscribe to my Youtube Channel, Updated regularly!
All my Social Media Links here! https://linktr.ee/TerencePrice
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Looking at the ticket options it looks more likely that you would have to pay again from roundabout Ellesmere Port as not sure Liverpool & Wirral would include Ellesmere Port, however, I wouldnt be certain and I'm sure somebody will clear this up. Either way these tickets are good value with the only downside being that you have less choice of services to use compared to Arriva. But then you pay more with them for similar tickets probably to reflect the greater options.
That is quick as it took a month to bring the new tickets out in Wigan.
(24/01/2013 08:29)MPTE1955 Wrote:  Looking at the ticket options it looks more likely that you would have to pay again from roundabout Ellesmere Port as not sure Liverpool & Wirral would include Ellesmere Port, however, I wouldnt be certain and I'm sure somebody will clear this up. Either way these tickets are good value with the only downside being that you have less choice of services to use compared to Arriva. But then you pay more with them for similar tickets probably to reflect the greater options.

Would it be covered by the "Dayrider Plus Adult" (See Stagecoach website)?

User(s) browsing this thread: 2 Guest(s)